Acoustic music

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
So, when im not listening to Brutal metal and hardcore, i listen to acoustic, if anyone else has some good acoustic songs they like post them here.

Last edited by a moderator:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
thx for this thread jack,Hawaiian music being predominantly acoustic, it's really close to my heart..
imagine if you can beautiful women dancing the hula to this music...connect this to meditation thread,lol

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
yeah, i always think of beautiful women while i 'meditate'...

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
you know you love it..

- - - Updated - - -

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
This is also acoustic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx7vOb7GNBg

Plus she's sexier and better at guitar than every single other person in this thread. It's crayons.

Also, this is one of my favorite versions. She plays the song quite differently than a lot of people (most notably John Williams and Andres Segovia... and I think she plays it far better than either of them). Notably, she uses the 5th string for the bass in places where it is more difficult to do so (Williams goes to the 4th or 3rd...). Her rubato on a few sections is also quite nice (though in ONE bar she has a hiccup because of said rubato).

This is no Gretchen Parlato. This chick is a SERIOUS beast. Edgy, inventive, and amazingly studious and invested in music.

Also, she's sexy.

Also, props to the doors for ripping this song off.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm surprised Tommy Emanuel isn't in this thread yet. Or chet atkins.

Last edited:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
meh,I got something she can rubato....

i dunno man,i get it but sometimes it isn't about what high falutin school they went to or what latin sounding techinique there supreme at...sometimes it's just simple emotional connection or a trigger of memory....music isn't about technical ability for everyone ...just accept this fact..some of the most beautiful music i've ever heard was played on a beach by ppl that never went to music school...

also she IS sexy...

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Exactly what Gary said, we all know you can look up all the best guitarists but it's about the expression and passion of the part they play.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive

Gary Haleamau at 12 years old ..memories of my aunt and cousins dancing this at my aunts wedding..

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
this song is pretty cool, it kinda changes everytime he plays it though.
check out his fingernails...

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea, but the converse is true as well. Just because something has a lot of notes, doesn't mean it's not as soulful as some blues player. And just because a musician went to music school, doesn't mean at ALL that they lost any shred of soul in their music.

In fact, that piece really doesn't have a whole lot of "shredding" shit tons of weird notes. Most of the notes are repeated for effect.

Asturias is a BEAUTIFUL song. Did you even listen to the whole thing? It's freaking beautiful. There are MUCH more technical pieces.

If I wanted to just watch some doofus shred electric or acoustic guitar, I'd go watch Yngwie. He can play lots of meaningless notes extremely fast, and it is quite amazing. This is different.

And so what? Throughout the entirety of the 14th - 19th centuries, music just had no soul? Because everyone studied the hell out of it and wrote more complex pieces? Or what?

It's not about technique. And all those things I said... for instance about the rubato, are all about musical phrasing, and not technique. All the things about which strings the bass is played on has nothing to do with technique and all to do with how the piece sounds (those lower strings give more OOMPH to the bass). The fact that I mentioned that she was an extremely good guitar player (better than the rest in this thread) was just an aside.

Here's Leo Kottke:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tew_fIhz3eY

Also this:

I could also talk about John Butler about his latin techniques and whatnot. But then I guess he'd lose some soul.

In my opinion, most peeps just can't handle key changes, and when that shit happens, they just lose interest. That simple. They want some big fat bass that goes through the whole thing (HOLY SHIT LOOK WHATS EPICLY POPULAR RIGHT NOW... DUBSTEP). Almost all popular music these days is in one key, has no harmonic depth (no interesting chords), and pretty much just lands on a BIG FAT 1 chord every 2 bars. And in my opinion, this is because peeps can't hear key changes, and they don't get the sound.

And actually, scratch that about Yngwie and replace it with Buckethead. That dude straight up plays shit that me and my friends made up for technique exercises... except he plays it as a song. Absolutely fretboard formula no-musicality technique shred. And it is pretty awesome as that, but not for being musical.

Top Bottom