MC Server Permissions

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
We really need to sort out the role of this server and keep ALL admins apprised of the changes being made and the commands. One day i try a command it works, the next day it doesn't. Lets get this stuff sorted out so we can effectively run the server and help people.

Since Kreubs seems to be the one doing all the changes in concert with 1210, i think he should make a thread and list all changes, commands, new commands etc. and helpful tips that someone like me may not know to tell new players etc.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
We really need to sort out the role of this server and keep ALL admins apprised of the changes being made and the commands. One day i try a command it works, the next day it doesn't. Lets get this stuff sorted out so we can effectively run the server and help people.

Since Kreubs seems to be the one doing all the changes in concert with 1210, i think he should make a thread and list all changes, commands, new commands etc. and helpful tips that someone like me may not know to tell new players etc.

I made some changes. When I added Essentials 2 days ago, PermissionsBukkit was being a PITA to configure. Kreubs tried, but ultimately I failed miserably at configuring it. I was trying to remove the kill command because everyone was able to use it onto others. I spent at minimum 3 hours trying to get it to work. I went ahead and ditched PermissionsBukkit and added a GroupManager. So far, it seems much easier to configure and it's still a work in progress.

The goal is to avoid having a million OP's because someone with knowledge and with that much power can so tons of damage. Having groups will essentially limit the damage one can cause.

We are working on setting up the Builder (default) group. So if a command isn't working, please say so, so that we may add it to that group.

At the moment, there are only 3 groups: Builder (default), Moderator and Admin. We will be adding other usergroups but don't foresee there being many of them.

1210lli3

Private First Class
Wally I think you made the best decision in canning permissions and getting group manager as it is so much simpler.

I was speaking to Kreubs earlier and I think how you have got it set up at the minute is perfect provided it doesn't take too long to be ranked up to builder as it is handy to have access to the ./home and other commands similar.

Otherwise I would suggest giving no one you really don't know OP as it gives them way too much and they can even get into your pc as it is locally hosted! The max you should go with strangers is the highest rank on group manager provided ./op is not able to be used!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I was speaking to Kreubs earlier and I think how you have got it set up at the minute is perfect provided it doesn't take too long to be ranked up to builder as it is handy to have access to the ./home and other commands similar.

Default should be the Builder usergroup as I have already removed the Default usergroup last night.

Otherwise I would suggest giving no one you really don't know OP as it gives them way too much and they can even get into your pc as it is locally hosted! The max you should go with strangers is the highest rank on group manager provided ./op is not able to be used!

Exactly. I wanted to limit OP's in the server in this was the way to go.

If any useful commands are missing from the Builder usergroup, please advise.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Not sure if it's already changed, but i can't access /kill command at all now, and i can't whisper (/tell) anymore.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Not sure if it's already changed, but i can't access /kill command at all now, and i can't whisper (/tell) anymore.

Neither can I.

/kill has been disabled until I can figure out how enable it without killing others.

And to PM, do /msg *person*. Any messages after that, you can simply /r and it'll respond to the last person that send you a recent message.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
At least Kill isn't that important. You can use /home and TP back to your house or bed. /kill was taking me to spawn.

I was trying to use //wand yesterday but i think that got sorted out today.

I couldn't figure out how to lock my chests. /Lock wasn't working. I will be staying in survival mode now that i can fly with it.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I removed WorldEdit & SecureChests when I added GroupManager. SecureChests was redundant as GriefProtection already takes care of this. As long as you have your chests inside the claimed zone, no one will be able to access them.

I re-added WorldEdit as of a few hours ago but that is only available to OP's at the moment.

We also added /fly command. You are now able to fly while in survival mode. Anyone in the server is able to access that now. This will remove the need of having peeps in Creative Mode.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Tito use /suicide instead of /kill, but yeah as D said, /home makes way more sense.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Ah ok, i didn't know chests were automatically protected.

The fly in survival mode is awesome.

Top Bottom