Need new Headphones!

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Hey everyone,

It's that time of year again, my turtlebeaches broke :( So I want to buy a new headset.
My budget is about 80-100 euros max and they need to be reasonably suitable for gaming, and focused for music.

Also something I noticed, I have big ears XD, so I need a big headset that wraps around my ears without actually resting on my ears and they should isolating them.

Hope that someone could find something good suiting my needs as I usually buy the wrong product, e.g. the turtlebeach purchase.

EDIT: after recommendation I'm looking for headphones, not a headset. I'd prefer if the product is available on tweakers.net

Freeze

Last edited:

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
you would be better off with headphones rather than a headset if you want to listen to music threw them as well

if you send me a link of the website you plan to buy from ill have a look see what's what

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
you would be better off with headphones rather than a headset if you want to listen to music threw them as well

if you send me a link of the website you plan to buy from ill have a look see what's what

What he said.
Since gaming is a popular thing the headsets made for it end up being a bit more expensive than same quality headphones.
So yea, get a pair of headphones instead and if you really need a mic you can even buy a seperate one, works fine.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Ok, in that case I'm going for headphones. And anything on tweakers.net should be good.

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
My brother just bought a new pair of skull candy headsets. I've tried them and they are SUPER comfortable!

Can't even feel them, but them but they completely mute out your surroundings. They aren't battery operated, and go around your ear instead of on top.

I forgot the name of them though, they just came out a not too long ago :C

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
My brother just bought a new pair of skull candy headsets. I've tried them and they are SUPER comfortable!

Can't even feel them, but them but they completely mute out your surroundings. They aren't battery operated, and go around your ear instead of on top.

I forgot the name of them though, they just came out a not too long ago :C

Skull candy seem to be like beats, way too overpriced for meager quality.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Skull candy seem to be like beats, way too overpriced for meager quality.

Sometimes, sometimes not as much like beats. However, they aren't a good thing to buy if you know better, and obviously we know better.

150 bux really isn't that much for headphones. Gimme some time, I'll figure something out.

But pretty much everything has a microphone of some sort on it. You aren't concerned with it being a boom-style microphone are you?

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Not sure what a boom style microphone is. But I think I might be going for headphones instead of a headset seeing as they are more focused on music.

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Sometimes, sometimes not as much like beats. However, they aren't a good thing to buy if you know better, and obviously we know better.

150 bux really isn't that much for headphones. Gimme some time, I'll figure something out.

But pretty much everything has a microphone of some sort on it. You aren't concerned with it being a boom-style microphone are you?

ive never seen headphone with a microphone. one issue I have thought of is do you have a sound card with built in headphone amp? if not then you maybe better off with just a cheap set of headphones or headset

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
ive never seen headphone with a microphone. one issue I have thought of is do you have a sound card with built in headphone amp? if not then you maybe better off with just a cheap set of headphones or headset

You do mean the green output? I have that one.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
buy iPhone in-ears :K

Ive been using these for awhile and they're actually pretty nice. I use them for my iPhone and laptop when im not at home because its impossible to lug around turtle beaches anywhere with their ridiculously long cord. The sound quality is awesome, the design is nice too, they don't slip out of your ears or anything.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
The only apple headphones that are decent are the in ear ones, but they still aren't worth the price.

Also, he's looking for circumaural, not in ear. Also closed back, not leaky, good isolation, no cancellation. Good for music, so gaming headphones are off the table.

I'm about to go get sushi. My best guess would be to look at some audiotechnicas or grottos, but I will check some of the periodicals for recommendations on some 100-200 dollar headphones.

Another great one to look at are some AIAIAI's. They are super durable and are good for isolation.

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Ive been using these for awhile and they're actually pretty nice. I use them for my iPhone and laptop when im not at home because its impossible to lug around turtle beaches anywhere with their ridiculously long cord. The sound quality is awesome, the design is nice too, they don't slip out of your ears or anything.

:yes:

I also use them for my iPhone and laptop and I also like them :p

Kessa

|KKK|'s Sheep Herder
Former Krew Member
Nevere seen those before.

I would love to have a pair of these. :D

tron-headphones-daft-punk2.png

Tron%20Headphones-580-75.jpg

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Freeze, I would highly recommend getting something at a $175 pricepoint, instead. Those sennheisers are okay, but not great. If you want to go with sennheiser there are better options, IMO. As far as the workbench specs, they seem to be fairly consistent with standard headphone issues. They are peaky in the midrange and have weird high end above 1K.

You could definitely find something better at another company for the same price, too. Like I had mentioned, grotto would be a good bet.

The back is also vented (not ported) and will be leaky as a result. This will also mean they aren't as good at noise isolation.

- - - Updated - - -

These http://www.headphone.com/headphones/grado-sr-225i.php

or the senn 558's would be a better choice. It's worth the extra 40 or 60 bux.

Last edited:

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I just bought the Sennheiser HD 558's. They seemed pretty good and the output jack will be awesome for playing guitar late at night. Thanks for the help guys.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Good choice. I think the 558's will do you well.

I can comment on playing guitar with them:

Do it. Playing with no effects or gain or anything will improve your sound. When it comes down to it, tone and articulation are all in your fingers, man. No amount of reverb can cover it up. Playing with your headphones will force you to have much better sound.

Top Bottom