2013 NFL Playoffs

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I know it is a little late for this thread as the Wild Card round is already up, but let's get those predictions in!

Here are the games set to play this weekend: http://espn.go.com/nfl/scoreboard?seasonYear=2012&seasonType=3&weekNumber=2

Dream scenario for me:

Falcons beat the Seahawks to get that much needed Playoff win and make a statement, win against 49ers in NFC Championship, then go on to beat Denver in the Super Bowl. Piece of cake!

All at costs, I want Atlanta to win at least against the Seahawks, something most of the US thinks will not happen...

Final picks this Divisional Round:

Denver over Baltimore
Texans over Pats
49ers over Packers
Falcons over Seahawks.

What do you guys think?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Broncos > Ravens
Patriots > Texans
Packers > 49ers (this one is gonna be tough, but I think Packs got this!)
Falcons > Seahawks (Seahawks are the sleeper team in the playoffs)

It's gonna be good!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
0 for 2 thus far. :tf:

I'm gonna hope for the Seahawks to win tomorrow so they could give SF another beating :K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
If you hope the Seahawks will win, I am not going to associate with you until the Falcons defeat an opponent in the playoffs. Could be today, could be 10 years! ;)

Anyways, I was surprised Baltimore played so well, except on special teams or what not. But, what a game lol.

And Kap scares me now. He was not stopped when running, which opened up his ability to pass to Crabtree, who always seemed to be wide open. Along with the muffed punt....GB did not play up to what most expected.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
13263969.jpg

:discountdoublechoke:

:troll:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Crazy week. Wanted the Texans to win, which that didn't work out. Still, I think the Patriots aren't as good as they are made out to be, but who really knows.

NFC Championship: San Francisco 49ers vs Atlanta Falcons- Sunday, January 20th 3:00pm EST- FOX
AFC Championship: Baltimore Ravens vs New England Patriots- Sunday, January 20th 6:30pm EST- CBS

NFC pick: Atlanta Falcons
I'm picking the Falcs because they are my team! If I wasn't a fan of the dirty birds, I'd be hesitant on choosing them to win. The niners have a good quarterback at Colin Kap, and also a great defense unofficially ranked 3rd in the league. They pretty much controlled Green Bay throughout the game. The Falcons have a good passing attack, and if the rushing is solid like it was against the Seahawks, I think ATL will have a shot to win with a few defensive stops. Regardless of the outcome, it should be a great game!

AFC pick: Baltimore Ravens
I underestimated them against the Colts and Broncos alike. However, they made the big plays when needed, especially on defense, and Ray Lewis gives the team a spark which I think the Patriots lack. Not only that, but Rob Gron is out for the Pats, which is a main point for success for their offense. As always, it will be a good game, but I think the Ravens are the winners if they can stop Tom Brady.

Last edited:

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Lol, honestly even after Colin Kaepernick's record-breaking day during niners packers game, I still think Alex Smith would've been better. I mean, come on, that dude was lead quarterback in completion percentage! He can still run, too, maybe not as fast as Colin but he can still rush for days! That being said, I am looking forward to SF going to the superbowls, Ethan. ;)

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I just want to see the ravens win for ray lewis' sake at this point.

He will straight up cry if ravens make it to the superbowl.

And I also find tom brady extremely distasteful. And new england teams in general are pampered pampered pampered. And their fans are all fair weather fans. The slightest hint of a loss and they start crying. It's like people who live in san diego on a day when it actually rains there.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I was very glad to see the Ravens rally at the half and beat the Patriots. Bill Belichick = Sore loser

On the other hand, the Falcons just totally blew it. No excuses even if the refs missed/made calls that were counterproductive. We turned the ball over twice in the redzone in the second half, and we did not stop the 49ers, specifically Gore and Davis. I'm sure going to miss Tony G if he retires this year, but all things must come to an end eventually, which included the Falcon's playoff run lol.
Congrats to the Niners for being a great football club.

In the case of the Superbaugh, I'm choosing the 49ers. It will be a good one. Emotional too. AND it can go either way.

I'm just giving the NFC the edge on this one.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I don't see the Ravens being able to stop the 49ers.

Gonna be a fun game now that the Patriots are out! :w00t:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I'm pretty sure the Eagles are gonna win. They had a great season and should be proud of themselves.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I mean bad refs, but in the falcons game they totally GAVE them a huge pass that should have been incomplete.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
I'm a Steelers fan and I even want the Ravens to win... Can't have the 49ers tying with 6 bowls.

Top Bottom