Texture packs for minecraft

Sir_Pownz

Private First Class
I am Getting real bored of minecraft default texture pack any recommendations on what new texture packs i should use ? :twothumbsup:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Im not playing it yet but I've seen some youtube vids.. one guy had HD graphics with fluttering leaves and other cool stuff.. try to google it ;)

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Will the texture packs work with the :pirate: version?

Would it mess up my game or inventory in any way?

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
We need a guide on how to add texture packs and skins.

I have no idea.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
It's really easy. Just copy the pack into the game's texture pack folder. I believe any pack with a resolution higher than 32x32 needs Optifine or MCPatcher. When 1.5 comes out, nothing extra will be needed.

Windows
%appdata%\.minecraft\texture packs

I think mac is
/home/<username>/.minecraft/texture packs

Or in-game on the main menu click on Texture Packs and then on Open Texture Pack Folder

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Thanks, i got the texture pack working. Tested it in SP and it looks a lot better. Didn't have to open the MCpatcher though.

For anyone who can't find the appdata folder... press windows button+r then type in %appdata%/.minecraft/texturepacks.

Extract all the contents of the zip folder (texture pack) into a new folder, name it and then copy/paste or drag and drop into the texturepacks folder.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Always have optifine installed and tweak around with smooth FPS etc. Boosts most pc's fps with atleast 20.
Then I fricken love the Soartex Fanver 32x texture pack. Highly recommend it.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Always have optifine installed and tweak around with smooth FPS etc. Boosts most pc's fps with atleast 20.
Then I fricken love the Soartex Fanver 32x texture pack. Highly recommend it.

Optifine is great. Boosts my FPS by 40+
Soartex is very neat. It's basically default textures in HD. Not all of them look like default though. However there are 64x64 texture packs where everything had the default textures but in HD.

Still... Sphax FTW :megusta:

Deac0n

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Texture and skins are easy to do mahn :') i suppose anyone of us could do it :p i've already given you my texture ;) if cha know what i mean ;D

Top Bottom