Spotted Dick

Deac0n

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I been at school have been forced to experiment with food, i have made and modified spotted dick to the point that i believe is perfection.

I use
75g Hard Butter and 75g of Lard (frozen and grated)
150g whole meal flower and 150g self Rasing
1 tea spoon of Baking powder
75g caster sugar
200 ml milk
And however many raisins you see fit ( or something else i will be experimenting with all kinds of strange things such as carrot, peach and other weird things like beetroot - I'll soon see what they taste like ( I'm truly dreading some of them)
Just combine the shredded Lard, Butter, Baking powder, caster sugar and then add milk. Then Bake it or steam it, I tend to steam it. To me it doesn't taste so good when it's cooled down but when it's warm it couldn't get any better and i highly suggest creating a vanilla custard or vanilla cream.

Hope you guys enjoy :')

Last edited:

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Spotted dick is a suet pudding from England, it's great with custard. I was bought up on my grandma's version of this, much yummyness abounds :)

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
neutral-if-you-know-what-i-mean-l.png

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Sounds pretty interesting. Any pictures, along with a background on why it is called "Spotted Dick"?

Deac0n

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Sounds pretty interesting. Any pictures, along with a background on why it is called "Spotted Dick"?
the word 'Spotted' often comes when you add the raisins making it spotted and the word 'dick' comes from some heritage of England - there are lots of theories and ideas on what the word actually means

Top Bottom