[SOLVED] Being DDoSed :( HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I am being DDoSed and I have no clue what to do. I will call the police tomorrow and let them know.
The hacker and his brother found my Skype user name and are sending "Zombies" to attack me and my internet.

What do I do? How do I prevent a DDoS?

Please be serious and no jargon, pretend you are talking to a 5 y.o.

Thanks

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Sadly, no. Suggest one?

i highly suggest getting this one

firewall-antivirus.gif

iz relly good

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Sadly, no. Suggest one?

If they find you through Skype, try not logging in to Skype.

I use BitDefender. It has a very good firewall and antivirus with all sorts of settings. This is a 30 day trial, so at least it's enough to stop anything for now.

for 32-bit http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/i_security/2013/en-us/bitdefender_is_2013_32b.exe

for 64-bit http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/i_security/2013/en-us/bitdefender_is_2013_64b.exe

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Doesn't windows have a built in firewall as well? Try turning that on and blocking Skype. Also, i would probably disconnect my internet.

PrestoN

sherifolocodoco
|K3| Moderator
Contact your ISP.
If you know who the person doing it is, contact their ISP.
Komodo is a good firewall.
Probably them just using a $5 botnet.
Don't understand the mac picture since it won't stop you from getting flooded.
Staying off Skype won't prevent you from being DDoS'd unless you have a dynamic IP.
If you have a bandwidth limit you could unplug your router/turn off your internet manually.
If you decide to call the police, you should be able to give them the Skype username in question, and if found guilty they may be fined/sentenced, or their ISP may deny them service. (can't remember penalties for these things. Fairly sure they can be sentenced since I believe it's a federal offense)
Your ISP should be able to block the range flooding you if it's coming from one source, if it's many, then it's a botnet, and that person will most likely pay the price.

PS : He asked you guys to be serious about it, and it's a serious thing. I mean, trolling after a solution is found? Sure. But when he's still suffering from it? Pretty rude.

Last edited:

Cryogenic Flare

The King of Tags
Former Krew Member
JB has a homepage? must...resist....attacking............*ERROR* *ERROR*
*ATTACK COMMENCING IN 3...2...1...ATTACKING*

PwnSauce

Banned
I don't think DDOS means what you think it means.

DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) is when more than one but computer send unsolicited TCP or ICMP packets at your computer trying to elicit a response only to end the connection attempt.

Something like calling your bitch ex-girlfriend over and over and hanging up when she answers. (Hence the term, 'denial of service' of her own phone)

Anyhow, "zombie" computers are those which are infected with malware and sending the packets mentioned above but that has nothing to do with trying a bunch of passwords on your Skype account, which wouldn't even affect your computer unless you are in fact Skype.com.

I wouldn't bother contacting the police because you cannot verify that THEY are attacking you.
Any computer on the internet can pretend to be any computer. (A bit like sending a postcard with a fake return address. Can't track where it came from.)

It's complicated but all you really need to do is make sure your computer is fully patched and has updated antivirus.
A good firewall and complex passwords should keep you mostly safe.

Last edited:

AVC

Banned
If your PW has been comprimised you need to contact Skype to close your account.

If you don't have a hardware firewall, use the windows one. Disconnect your internet for a few hours. Telstra will re-issue the IP. IPs are dynamic unless you're paying for a static one. Which I pretty much guarantee you dont.

PwnSauce

Banned
If your PW has been comprimised you need to contact Skype to close your account.

If you don't have a hardware firewall, use the windows one. Disconnect your internet for a few hours. Telstra will re-issue the IP. IPs are dynamic unless you're paying for a static one. Which I pretty much guarantee you dont.

In the US DHCP Lease periods have gotten really long lately, like weeks long so it may not be that easy to get a new IP lease issued.
If you were to change the cable modem the ISP would "see" a different MAC address and issue a different IP but that's also a pain to do.

I still say go with hardening your systems and passwords against attack.
With that, who cares who knows you IP Address.
It's like knowing where Fort Knox is. You're still not getting the gold.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I don't think DDOS means what you think it means.

DDOS (Distributed Denial of Service) is when more than one but computer send unsolicited TCP or ICMP packets at your computer trying to elicit a response only to end the connection attempt.

When did they release this "butt computer" you speak of? I want one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom