Krew server launcher (PC/Mac)

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Ok, so I was wondering if having a cod4 server launcher would be useful for anyone. It's an easy way to keep servers/player names bound and faster than going in-game to join a server. Mods can keep UC profiles, too. Yes, you can just make a shortcut to the server with command line arguments, but not everybody knows that and shortcuts take up more space :p

I put this together in a couple days. It comes with all of the cod4 servers and their respective ip's. All you'd have to do is tell it where cod4 is installed, if it doesn't find it already, and change your name from a generic one.

So, would anyone think it would be useful so I would know whether or not to develop it further, or should I just keep it in the practice projects bin? :D

Main view
serverlauncher.PNG

Compact view
serverLauncherMonitorMode.PNG

Mac edition here!
Thanks to @stevo with some Mac native code!
KSL%20Mac.png

Shortcuts:
Alt + A - add new server
Alt + S - save changes
Alt + D - delete
Alt + C - launch Cod4
Alt + R - refresh selected server
Alt + F, Alt + O - Directories
Alt + F, Alt + T - refresh timer
Alt + F, Alt + M - Monitor mode
Double click to join a server.

File menu:
Set Directory - you only need to use this if it doesn't find the game automatically
Refresh Timer - set an automated refresh interval
Monitor Mode - compacts the window, shows just server information and timer controls
Exit

The Help menu has a link to the krew site.

update:
I finally got around to adding player and server information! The only bug I know of so far is that refresh doesn't work the very first time you open the program, so just restart it and it should fix itself.
o won't launch the game if the server is full.

update 2:
Added compact mode for monitoring individual servers and auto refresh.

update 3:
Added support for WaW, but I need someone with WaW to confirm it joins the server properly.

Note:
This works with any server and any mod for cod4/WaW, so it's not limited to just the pre-added krew servers ;)

Questions and/or comments are greatly appreciated :)
Download links:
PC: https://db.tt/gR9nJakN
Mac: https://db.tt/fbniA8Bi

Note to Mac users: the app has to be copied out of the dmg if you want it to save anything. The CoD4 directory can be set at File->Directories.

Last edited:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
This looks like a great idea. I'd say keep developing it, put a copyright on it (BEFORE Apple does), and then sell licenses to Krew and Forum Members.

But seriously great idea. Keep going:D

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
The ID & Playername function are quite cool. Nice addition to the xfire launching that most people use.
Try thinking of other stuff that you could add to make more people want to download it :D

Nice job.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive

The ID is kind of irrelevant right now, it is used for list sorting and finding the server from the file. I think I will just make it automatically prefix the server so it becomes useful lol.

I was thinking number of players :thinking: if there is code to do it for GT, I could find a way to do it, too.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I've used programs like this in the past for our servers. They featured real time updating of the number of players as well as the names of every player in the server. I believe you could toggle that feature on/off, but I don't remember for sure. Those two features would be a good thing to add, IMO.

The program interface wasn't very big, so i just kept it in the upper right part of the screen and could see who was in the server at any given time. I think this was back when we were having a problem with F8tal!ty coming back over and over and hacking, so i kept it up to monitor for him.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Theres an application called ModernRcon, that is a server management software rather than a CoD4 launcher. It has pretty much every feature and command that a CoD4 could have.

To name a few:
- everybody's GUID, IP (both support copy&paste), ping, score etc.
- full console
- GUI gametype and server settings
- different RCON access levels to allow lesser access to the server.

I did use this tool couple of times on the Krew servers because I got vote banned by some people (*cough*Vlad*cough*) for no reason what so ever, couldn't reconnect and they were doing the same for everyone who joined, thus I used this tool to ban them.

Link:
http://www.fpsadmin.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
That's pretty cool Kreubs ;)

Altough, I use Xfire to connect to the servers. I have all of the servers in my favorite list. 1 double-click and I'm in.

Still great job with this ;) I'm gonna try it out anyway :hi5:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
mega bump.

I added server information and a connected players list.
Comments and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Sheldon

Sergeant
Works very well, updates fast.

Google Chrome did not want to download it though, saying it could be malicious... It wasn't.

Stupid Chrome :fuckthatshit:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Very nice, Kreubs!

Keep it up and you might have an empire like GameTracker.

Top Bottom