Problems with black ops 2

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
So, zombies znd multiplayer seem to work fine, the problem i have is during the single player campaign. Right at the end of the second mission (celerium i think it's called), just after you have spoken to admiral briggs, the screen goes dark, and nothing else happens, when you ctrl-alt-del and go to task manager, it show that it isn't responding, basically the game crashes.

I'm running win 7 premium 64 bit, have directx 11, and have downloaded the latest nvidia drivers for my card, all to no avail, any ideas chaps & chapesses?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Seems it's a common problem, especially with nvidia cards. I've read some people tweaking voltages and having success. Best solution is probably sit around and wait for a patch.

Hopefully someone else can find more information.

Joonikko

Shades, eternal shades.
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Download the latest beta drivers? They were supposed to improve BO2 performance (like those graphics could lag), but its worth a shot.
Worked fine for me so far on a Nvidia GTX 470.

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
Yeah I have the same problem :( The screen goes dark while I'm shooting on the boat

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
SP is fixed.
Animal, try to play it again :)

P.S. A friend of mine has a russian copy (everything is the same, but the language is russian) and it wasn't crashing. Russian stuff is always better :K

... well, not always... it's like the... 1st time something 'russian' is better :LOL:

PwnSauce

Banned
I think my old-ass EVGA 250 GTS doesn't like BO2 b/c the game is grainy.

Otherwise the game seems pretty good, especially multiplayer.

I could be wrong but I think BO2 imports your COD4 kb controls b/c the game for me worked as I like almost out of the box except for the nade binding.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
played MP all day..then when i try to jump in with Wally,all sound is gone...but worked in SP...dunno, hope it fixes itself by tomorrow morning..other than that just a rare lag once in great while,,but thats to be expected...been getting max fps though! 200fps!

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Tried to play sp again, no luck. It's not a huge pain because i can still play mp and zombies. Would be nice to see how the story goes though. Guess i'll just have to wait for a patch.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
We have this great game. The only problem is it doesn't work with nvidia cards at this time. We are sorry......

To half the pc gamers out there.

Top Bottom