New demotions

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
How can demoting Sebaot be premature if it hasn't happened yet?

I've talked to him and he's since made a post or two and explained why he hasn't been around. I never said he or anyone else WILL be demoted, i said they face demotion soon. Obviously if those people get active AFTER i message them, the point is moot.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Question for you Dan. When a member gets close to demotion are they contacted? If so is it a pm or email? Is there a way to possibly send out a newsletter monthly or biweekly to tell everyone the current krew events, happenings, etc? It may help bring back some of our wayward members and get others interested in the krew..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Mr.Houston

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I always give plenty of notice, usually 1-2 weeks in a visitor message to a potential demotion.

Will i take on sending some kind of newsletter? No. That would mean going into admin CP , getting peoples email addresses and sending them info etc they might not want, especially if they aren't yet a member. If a member is interested in things and events they can take the time to come here and find out what's going on and/or make an effort to be active. If someone else wants to do a newsletter thing, go for it, but i don't like the idea of getting their emails from the admin control panel unless they give permission and sign up for a newsletter. Maybe not a big deal, but personally i won't do it.

If anyone wants to talk to any of the other admins and get it going, definately don't hesitate to do so. As far as i know you will need an admin to get the email people signed up with. Maybe post news/events etc on the steam/facebook /youtube pages.

Last edited:

MikeK

Vodka supplier
|K3| Member
I always give plenty of notice, usually 1-2 weeks in a visitor message to a potential demotion.

Will i take on sending some kind of newsletter? No. That would mean going into admin CP , getting peoples email addresses and sending them info etc they might not want, especially if they aren't yet a member. If a member is interested in things and events they can take the time to come here and find out what's going on and/or make an effort to be active. If someone else wants to do a newsletter thing, go for it, but i don't like the idea of getting their emails from the admin control panel unless they give permission and sign up for a newsletter. Maybe not a big deal, but personally i won't do it.

If anyone wants to talk to any of the other admins and get it going, definately don't hesitate to do so. As far as i know you will need an admin to get the email people signed up with. Maybe post news/events etc on the steam/facebook /youtube pages.

I don't really see the point in sending emails like that.
If I were one of these inactive members I wouldn't really care about these letters..
Like 'oh I received an email from |KKK|, hmmm, what's that :thinking:? Oh these cod4 guys, kthnxbye' -> letter deleted.
Another way is some members might log on forum, post a cpl of replies -> leave for months again.

IMO, those who are interested in the Krew news and Krew itself will be active or will notify Dee or smb else that they can't be active cuz they have exams, comp issues and stuff like that.

Also, I don't see the point in keeping inactive members who have exams/work/other reasons to be inactive, but they notified Dee in case they are 100% inactive for more than a month or two. Yes, they do have a valid reason of beeing inactive, but they are not really members if they are inactive.. IMO, demote them to semi-n00b posters or 'MIA Members' and let them back without going throught the recruitment procces once they regain activity.

That's just my personal opinion ;)
Thnx for reading,
Mike :)

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Sometimes people lose track of time or become extremely busy very quickly. Sending people who are about to be demoted an email 1 week before demotion isn't a big task, IMO. We don't demote that many people very often.
And instead of a visitor message, a Private Message may be more effective. When you have an wunread private message, the forum will notify via pop-up. Visitor messages only result in a notification up in the top right hand corner (the number goes up by 1).

Just my 2 cents.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I never get pop ups when i get a PM. I assumed no one else did either. Must be my ad block.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
There should be a feature on the forum for a newsletter. It usually is a one click thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Mr.Houston

Top Bottom