Fantasy/Supernatural shows

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
I'm a big fan of fantasy and I hope I'm not completely alone here in my love for it. (Vampires, werewolves, magic, etc) I think I've exhausted the TV watching options for this genre but hoping someone will have something to suggest that I haven't watched yet. Both serious fantasy and light fluffy fun watching is welcome. Some of the ones I've watched are:

Alphas
American Horror Story (Holy messed up storyline)
Angel
Being Human (UK & US)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Dead Like Me
Doctor Who
Eureka
Firefly (I've seen Serenity as well)
Game of Thrones
The Ghost Whisperer
Grimm
Haven
Heroes
Highlander
Legend of the Seeker
Lost Girl
Medium
Merlin
Moonlight
Pushing Daisies
Quantum Leap
Smallville
Supernatural
Tru Calling
True Blood
The Twilight Zone (Original black & white.. don't care much for new)
The Vampire Diaries (I don't care if you judge me... that much)
The Walking Dead
The X-Files
Xena- Warrior Princess

I know I left Lost out but I tried to watch about 5 or 6 episodes.. it didn't grab me. Might give it another try if anyone here suggests it strongly enough.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Lost is The tv show you must watch if you like esoteric/supernatural TV show...but don't expect easy answers like in Buffy or Charmed its a lil more subtil...unfortunately the season 4 scenarist strike ruined the show and leaded to the worst end ever see in a tv show.

IMO of big LOST fan, i've watched s1 and s2 almost 20 times, including two times the entire s1 marathon (17h in a row) and every other season at least 3 times each (ok ok except the last one), for explanation i was writing a RPG scenario for Call of Chtulhu world based on LOST with only s1 and s2 for material when i began. So i thought a lot of what would happend after and i was very amused to see some of my idea in further season. The show is very good til end of season 4 and the story can be closed there imo, but if you like "time travelling stories" season 5 is pretty good. Season 6 ruined everything cause originally the show was supposed to be a 7 season show...but lack of audience, and lack of "answers" leaded to a shortened end.

you can add

Charmed
Hercules (with K.Sorbo some kind of Xena-like)
Beastmaster (also a xena like...with at least the same costumer) to your list

IMO firefly is just a Space Opera/SF show not a Fantasy/supernatural, if u take firefly u must add shows like Stargate, Babylon 5, Star trek (old and new), Battlestar, etc...

I've forgot this one...a excellent english tv show, in the idea of Heroes... Misfits ! Simply excellent.

Last edited:

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Quantum Leap was cool.

Eureka will ALWAYS be my favorite show ever made. I'm still bummed they cancelled it :(

Have you watched Warehouse 13? It has it's supernatural elements and plenty of humor :D

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Warehouse 13 and Dr Who are both pretty cool. I dont know whats going on with torchwood but its worth a look. It was a pretty decent spinoff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Mr.Houston

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
Awesome, I feel I got some great suggestions- thanks y'all. I'll give Lost another look Sar.

@Kreubs, yeah I was sad about them canceling it, don't know why they did as SyFy doesn't have too many good shows airing, imo. I am glad they got to do a proper goodbye show instead of it ending on a cliffhanger at least.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Awesome, I feel I got some great suggestions- thanks y'all. I'll give Lost another look Sar.

@Kreubs, yeah I was sad about them canceling it, don't know why they did as SyFy doesn't have too many good shows airing, imo. I am glad they got to do a proper goodbye show instead of it ending on a cliffhanger at least.

Yeah, me too. :( Did you catch the connection with the pilot in the finale? I found it a bit mind blowing. :p

Top Bottom