Damage's simple rib recipe

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I made this last night. Some of the best ribs I've ever made.

4 lbs pork ribs - I always get St.Louis style pork spare ribs. It doesn't have to be 4lbs. Just whatever comes in the pack.
3/4 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon hickory smoke salt ( I used reg salt)
1 tablespoon paprika
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional) -
2 cups of your favorite barbecue sauce (mine is Sweet Baby Ray) - I used a *blackberry bbq sauce* which is what really made these great.

*recipe below*

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees f. - I used 275f for about 2hrs 40 mins.

Peel off tough membrane that covers the bony side of the ribs. - This is a silvery , shiny looking thing. Take a fork or knife, cut under the membrane , use a napkin or w/e to grip the cut part and peel it off. Kind of a pain the first time you do it.

Mix together the sugar and spices to make the rub.

Apply rub to ribs on all sides.

Lay ribs on two layers of foil, shiny side out and meaty side down.

Lay two layers of foil on top of ribs and roll and crimp edges tightly, edges facing up to seal.

Place on baking sheet and bake for 2-2 1/2 hours or until meat is starting to shrink away from the ends of the bone. - I usually test doneness with a toothpick. If it slides through the meat like its butter, it's ready.

Remove from oven.

Heat broiler.

Cut ribs into serving sized portions of 2 or 3 ribs. - I took the ribs out of the foil and put them into another pan for use under the broiler.

Arrange on broiler pan, bony side up.

Brush on sauce.

Broil for 1 or 2 minutes until sauce is cooked on and bubbly. - I did 3 mins on the meaty side and 2 on the bony side. Also, make sure the ribs are RIGHT under the broiler. Like 1-2 inches. Be careful not to burn yourself.

Turn ribs over.

Repeat on other side.

Alternately, you can grill the ribs on your grill to cook on the sauce. - I've not tried on the grill yet, mainly because heating up charcoal and using it for 5 mins is kind of a waste.

BBQ sauce recipe.

1 1/4 cup blackberries
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup minced fresh ginger << That is a shitload of Ginger and i didn't use anywhere near that amount. Ginger is spicy, so use (or don't use at all) to your liking. I used a couple lil spoonfulls.
1/2 tsp salt
pepper to taste
hot sauce to taste (I did not use any)
Combine all the above ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until it turns into a puree.
Place the puree in a 1 quart microwave safe dish. Cover with a piece of wax paper and microwave for 4 minutes.
Stir and microwave for another 4 minutes, stirring if needed. - I used the stove instead of the mircowave. Covered and simmered sauce for about 10 mins, stirring every cpl of mins.

* You can strain the sauce through something if the seeds bother you. I didn't have any problems with the seeds.

Makes 1 1/3 cups sauce.

Last edited:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
What about beef ribs? I can't eat pork. I break out in a rash. Filthy meat doesn't work well with my body :/

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Nice post D but more work than I would want to mess with, don't get me wrong I love ribs but that would take quite some time to prepare, I just don't like spending that much time on it lol.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yeah i should make some.

Blu, lazy ass lol.

It takes like 20 mins tops.

It is a bit of cleaning up and stuff though.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah i should make some.

Blu, lazy ass lol.

It takes like 20 mins tops.

It is a bit of cleaning up and stuff though.

Lazy yes lol, clean up no bueno. I like easy pretty much, and if it tastes good them I'm down for it ;)

Goss400

|KKK| Member and Official post whore
Former Krew Member
Seems great! I'm gonna try this sometime soon. Thanks for the recipe!

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
This sounds awesome D, gonna make 'em this weekend. I MAY try this with beef, not sure yet. Will post results.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
This kind of bbq sauce is best for pork, chicken etc. Not sure how it will work out on beef.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Ok, I should be getting beef ribs today, assuming winco has some good ones in a rack.

JohnSmith

Corporal
Lol D you are making so many good things. I've actually made ribs though =D

but I didn't use any sweet ingredients, I used more paprika and some cayenne

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
They were quite good, but kind of a pain to eat. You don't get much meat at all. I would deff stick with pork ribs if possible.

For JOE.

Take the membrane off the back (PITA) season if desired.

There are quite a few methods to time/temp.

The one i used:

Seasoned, wrap in foil. Cook @ 250 for an hour, flip ribs, cook another hour @ 250. After two hours, remove from foil, baste with bbq sauce, increase temp to 400, cook 30 mins.

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
Beef ribs look awesome! I usually prefer beef but will go with pork based on my acceptance of you being a food master. :notworthy:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
They were quite good, but kind of a pain to eat. You don't get much meat at all. I would deff stick with pork ribs if possible.

For JOE.

Take the membrane off the back (PITA) season if desired.

There are quite a few methods to time/temp.

The one i used:

Seasoned, wrap in foil. Cook @ 250 for an hour, flip ribs, cook another hour @ 250. After two hours, remove from foil, baste with bbq sauce, increase temp to 400, cook 30 mins.

Thanks sir. Maybe you got a bad rack though. I've ate some ribs before and got more meat than *insert penis joke here*. lol. Those do look great though. I want some ribs now :(

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
They were a good rack. I went to two stores. Beef back ribs just don't have a lot of meat.

Top Bottom