What is the best strategy game series?

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
It's a tough one for me but I'm going with the Total War games. Crushing barbaric Gauls and Carthaginians with mighty Roman legions... Whats not to like? Command & Conquer will always be classic so they came in as a very close second.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I really enjoy the CIV series, pumped loads of hours in them. I like Total War too though.

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Starcraft all the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both games are absolutely awesome!

And if u are more into the classic "ancient" strategy game I totaly recommnend Age Of Mythology.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Wow I totally forgot Age of Mhythology, that game is quite old now. I played that game the most of them all, legendary.

Trasgu

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Age of Mythology was my very first PC game when I was 7 or 8 I believe.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
I love the classic C&C games. One of my all time favorites is the Commandos series.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
cmon guys, your all forgetting age of empires 1, back when i was 6 or something it was free with a box of cereal. good times.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Command and conquer. (not 4) were pretty awesome as well as Supreme commander 1/2.

I tried the total war series and hated it. Haven't played the others listed.

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Total War games I like are Shogun (the first one) and Medieval 1 & 2. Couldn't give a crap about Rome or 18th century Total War. If you enjoyed Age of Mythology, you'll also like Age of Empire (the second AoE is the closest to AoM, so you might want to start there). A useless trivia, but AoM turns 10 this year. Amazing how far technology can go in just one decade. I remember thinking AoM's graphics were the shit, now we can simulate huge battles in Total War games.

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
cmon guys, your all forgetting age of empires 1, back when i was 6 or something it was free with a box of cereal. good times.

I think my dad got AoE II for free with a PC he bought. Windows 98. Fuck yea! lol

Age of Empires is the best series by far though.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
AoE for gameplay, AoM Titans edition for educational (mythology is awesome :p) and general fun'ness

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
did you ever go to the carribean gardens computer swap meet felon? i remember they had 1000's of pirated games there and i got AoM when it first came out for like $5. lol
dont know if that place still exists though.

ottoids

KKK's Pecker Checker
Former Krew Member
FIFA!!! soccer is a strategy game...i kick big b's at that one ;)

Last edited:
Top Bottom