Downtime, errors and anything else in between

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Hello everyone,

There was an unplanned downtime unfortunately. As most of you know, Google was giving Malware warnings. Some got malware and some didn't. My sincere apologies.

The good, the bad and the ugly...

I have to take some precaution as I nor our forum host know exactly where the malware came from. The hosts' scans all came out clean, so it puzzles us. To batter future attacks, we are making some forum changes that affect everyone but in due-time, we can activate those features once again.

Forum changes:
-signatures have been disabled
-uploading to the forum of any sort has been disabled
-you can however host your images and still link them here (except for signatures as they are disabled anyway)
-previous themes were all nuked
-some plugins have been nuked or will be (ie. Arcade, who use that anyway?)

Things that are lost...

During the downtime, and upgrade, a boo-boo happened and the following images were lost:
-smilies
-profile pictures
-I haven't checked the album pictures, but I can assume those are gone as well

The only thing I was able to save were some of the smilies (roughly 60 out of 200 of them :\ ) as they were cached on my laptop.

Forum errors...

Yes, there WILL be forum errors. So I advise you to either copy, or screenshot the error so that I may fix the issue. The cause are the plugins that are on the forum, but cannot go through each and every one of them just yet. Eventually I will. But at the moment, any errors that people see will get my priority.

The Morbid Dark theme...

Yes, we added a new theme, and I'm not really sure I'm liking it that much (mainly because the font sizes are too small). So for now, please bare with me and I'll work on getting another theme(s).

Lastly, once again, I apologize for the malware warnings and I really hope that's the last of it.

Regards,
Batman

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Intense stuff! The site was due for an overhaul though, so I thank you and all of the other executives for hanging in there.

Hope the malware is gone for good.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah that was weird the forum being down as long as it was. Lost the avatar pics?! :eek: That sucks cuz I didn't save my charger! :(
But that's all my fault. Pretty weird situation isn't it. Well hope you find out the problem and we get our of theme back too! :D

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Good job Walls!

So the malware is completely out of the system now?
Sure hope so.

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Going into the game servers tab I got this -

malwarel.png

MelRose

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
Recruitment Team
These things happen, as long as my computer doesn't explode I THINK I can forgive you. I kid, I kid.

Seriously though, thanks for all your hard work Batman. You're appreciated.

Top Bottom