Mass Injection Website hit from Norton

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Tonight when I logged into the forum I got a hit on my Norton saying that it blocked an attack from this site because it's known as a Mass Injection Website

attack.jpg

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
Hmm... I have Norton as well and it haa never give me any messages like this. Not when i've been logging into the forum...

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Seems it works off redirects.

Web Attack: Mass Injection Attack
Severity: High
This attack could pose a serious security threat. You should take immediate action to stop any damage or prevent further damage from happening.
Description
This signature detects a mass injection attack which may redirect to a malicious website that can compromise the target computer.
Additional Information
Web sites have been hit by a mass-compromise attack that injects malware into pages and redirects victims to a site that will then try to download Trojans and keylogger code.

If a user visits one of the infected sites, they are redirected through a series of different sites owned by the attacker and brought to the final landing page containing the exploit code . The final landing page records the visitor's IP address. When visited for the first time, the user is directed to the exploit payload site. But when visited again from the same IP address, the user is directed to the benign site of ask.com.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
that IP address is the forum's host.

:thinking: I'll start off by updating the forum. Does it happen in all web browsers? certain pages on the forum?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I deleted that file from the server. Do you still get that error?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I had to restore it. It had to do with something about log-ins.

I got a database error just now trying to merge some posts XD Once I added it back, it was all good.

I'll just update the forum and see if that helps.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
Funny thing, I had a very similar problem yesterday, not here, but on Wikipedia :lol:

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
using norton. there's your problem.

And I'm guessing you're using a free version of Avast? :lmao:

You're saying Norton is his problem? Norton is what blocked this threat and told him about it.

As long as you pay for Norton, it's all good.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Never had an issue with Norton. Had several issues wirh Avast and a few other free ones I've tried. Norton is one of the best out there and Comcast gives its customers the full suite for free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk by Mr.Houston

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Every computer in my house uses norton because it's supported and used by my step dad's company. They are the ones that secure sites such as eBay :happy: good call posting that Houston :D

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I'm using Pale Moon (basically Firefox) and I am also getting the message below, it's when I log in and log out is when I'm getting it...

4j8cc.jpg

Top Bottom