Sarg's Video of Poi

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
That's some real talent man! I would end up hitting myself in the head and setting it on fire or some shit like that! :luv: the video thanks for posting!

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Yeah...Visual poi...1500$ pair, not sure that is life waranty and honnestly even if it looks like good material...its fucking expensive...and LED are nothing compare to living fire ;)

Now feel free to offer them for my birthday, forum will remind you anyway ;)

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Man IMO the quality was pretty good for being at night time and the fast animations, I've seen a lot worse that's for sure!!

You certainly got talent Sargass, and I would like to ask what got you interested in doing this type of art, it's something that I rarely see (here anyways) so I was just curious about that, nice work man!!

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
I dont really know, when i started it, i thought as everyone that juggler's world was full of weirdos, and freaks, and that kind of people, and it wasn't the kind of people i wanted to meet or be...It is, but is one of the loveliest world i know. Plus, i never was what we can call a sport guy, more geeky one, so acrobatics, sports, physic coordination excercise were never what i find fun even if i had no problem with it.

Few years ago, i started playing yo-yo then wanted to try some yoyo tricks as american and japanese do...man, it was a nightmare this sport is for autistic people, or aliens, or asians :p but before really realising that a friend of mine bring her kiwido (poi with flag) to a bbq, so i tried and instantly loved it...not the flag part of course but what you can do, and the coordination u need to practice it, it kinda reminded me martial art i've practiced in my youth (from 9-12yo)...so next week i've built mine with sock to practice and three weeks later i started with fire...now im spinning for 5 years (i think, can really remind it, maybe 6 lol) and on Liège area, i'm one of the two that people are refering as "Poi Masters" (i hate that nickname of master as im judging that im still nowhere even if i get some good juggling and moving skills), other one is the guy who teached me to spin and last week he asked me to explain him one of my moves. That was weird as he always was in my mind "the master" and me "the padawan"...since that, i guess im not anymore ^^

What really get me in juggling was the fire spinning, man if u can try that once in your lifetime with someone that know how to make you spin safe? try it...u'll get why ;) I can't explain, but when i spin fire it's a moment of peace, surrounded by flames, holding them, handling them, making them do what you want to do, moving on the music with the right timing, with the right tempo, with the good stop at the right time, its seeking the perfection of the moment, of the move. When u get that, and when u take pleasure, people who's watching you see it. And in response, when u see the smile they have on face and the sparkles in their eyes...i could barely explain the feeling in french... :D

Now, why do i want to make it my full time work? cause i've noticed that i'm not made to work for a boss, in an office, or behind every kind of desk. I work from 2-7 hours/day to get skills and to get paid with people smile, and if i can get money then, its better :D I know that i can't do that for years (im 34, if i was 20-25 it would be different ^^) so its time to make it now...Plus Gary said that i already have an awaiting fan club in hawai ;) Thats a motivation :p
So, i followed the exemple of some people around the world, i've started a juggling workshop on a public place near my house every wednesday since may. It' free for everyone, we (main member of the workshop) offer the fuel for burning and everyone is welcome, beginner or confirmed juggler, purpose is to share knowledge, offer a place for fire juggler to get skills and being watched, and we are offering free fire show to more or less 200-300 ppl (who are living in surrounding buildings) every week ^^ We're starting to get known around the city and people even come from other cities to burn with us ^^
We're cool (for now) with local autorities and police who don't even ask us an autorisation, as we're burning next to a river :D
So things are going pretty well and everyting is telling me to following that way...So Let's keep spinning!!!!

SteelHorse

|KKK|Clash Expert
|K3| Member
That is inspirational right there! I have never wanted to do anything like this until reading this and your passion for what you do it's awesome! Very cool to hear from someone that has followed what makes them happy instead of what others think they should do. Awesome post Sarg!

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
For those who were wondering where i was hidding these last few month and why i barely play COD anymore (don't be affraid im still watching on you everyday)...

Here's why...

Im proud to present one of the first official fire show of "La Troupe de l'Atelier" (The Workshop's Troupe)...uploaded on the web...

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4
(im the first one spinning in this one)

Part 1 and 3 are uploaded on FB, should be on youtube soon---->https://www.facebook.com/TDALiegePyro

Enjoy! Comment! Like! and if u really like, Share!

Last edited:

jasmine

|K3|ONLY
Member of the Year
|K3| Member
très jolie spectacle . je pensais que la photo qui est sur l'album du krew était faite pour l'occasion mais en réalité c'est une véritable passion qui t'anime .je suis avec toi et ton "atelier" de tous mon cœur
une question : vous vous produisez en france genre dans le sud ? "en bas de chez moi par exemple "XD
bravo et encore bravo

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Merci merci
Ben si tu nous invites :) sinon pour le moment on se produit surtout sur la Belgique :)

Top Bottom