CPU Build for ricicia

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
and a slow lantecy speed lol over ddr2
Thats true pug, but the biggest difference between the ddr2 and 3, ddr2 has lower latency timings but slower frequency speed, and ddr3 is the opposite; faster frequency speeds and higher latency. You have to sacrifice one for the other, I currently run G.Skill DDR3 at an 8-8-8-24 and runs stable, and works great with my OC specs, this is my 3 cents :p

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Thats true pug, but the biggest difference between the ddr2 and 3, ddr2 has lower latency timings but slower frequency speed, and ddr3 is the opposite; faster frequency speeds and higher latency. You have to sacrifice one for the other, I currently run G.Skill DDR3 at an 8-8-8-24 and runs stable, and works great with my OC specs, this is my 3 cents :p

thats true but depends what you want from the pc really. for example if it was a pc that was going to be used for gaming then i would have to choose ddr3 and a daul core cpu but if it was going to be used for a bit of everything then i would use ddr2 and a quad core cpu

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I get what your saying Pug, but since I like the best of both worlds I got DDR3 and a Quadcore Intel :D

I do agree with you on that too, dual cores are very nice for a lot of things, and also do very well with gaming too. I just had the extra cash to dish out on a Q8400 and DDR3 so that's what I ended up with :p

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Hey pug, I have had 4 or 5 different cpu's since I started building my own computers and all of them had been AMD until this most resent one, and to be honest I can't tell a difference in the performance of the Intel compared to AMD, biggest difference IMO is the price, lol.

Ok Ricica, have you decided on what to do with? The suggestions that Damage posted are all pretty good, just go with what you think is the best and see how it turns out :D

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Hey pug, I have had 4 or 5 different cpu's since I started building my own computers and all of them had been AMD until this most resent one, and to be honest I can't tell a difference in the performance of the Intel compared to AMD, biggest difference IMO is the price, lol.

Ok Ricica, have you decided on what to do with? The suggestions that Damage posted are all pretty good, just go with what you think is the best and see how it turns out :D

i guess it depends on what your using the cpu for. doing every day stuff they are pretty much the same but when you start doing more complex stuff most intel cpu's do work better. the quad core from amd works better then the intel one. the only reason i got my core 17 was because i wanted a fast and good gaming pc that could handle the multi tasking i do for work

Ricica

Sergeant
yea i know im think more of a quad core always wanted one but the rest seems good. and have to work on the money part

Top Bottom