Music mayhem

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Anyone been to any good live shows?

I would hesitate to call anyone a true music fan at all who hasn't gone out to see music live and actually supported music or done something other than listen to what's on the radio and has high hits on youtube.

I used to go to see music weekly or 2 times a week. Live shows should be the best form of music out there. If when you see someone (like B Spears for instance) live, and they sound exactly like the album, I lose a lot of respect for them. Yes..... I understand you can play it exactly like you practiced it for the album and spent time in the studio recording... now do something new............. innovative. Show me something I haven't heard a million times.

I saw mccoy tyner play in DC... that was pretty awesome. I recently went on the Jazz Cruise and saw Benny Golson and Johnny O'neil and hung out with johnny some. He's a cool guy, i would recommend checking him out. Benny is an amazing composer and a great player.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Yeah, never been much of a jazz fable, but I've been pleasantly surprised by it before, perhaps I will look them up.

Yeah I love going to concerts, but I've been in isolated country towns for the last 6 years and can only afford to travel when there's a big festival, not just one band.
I've seen Bring me the horizon, A day to remember, bullet for my valentine, paramore,tonight alive, escape the fate and others.
I'm not sure how many people here would be interested in going to a metal concert, but I've got to say, you haven't lived until you've been in the front row of a 'Wall of Death'.

- - - Updated - - -

Jazz fan*, not fable.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I love all concerts where the players are good. I saw Jerseyband live, they were awesome. This recording sucks, but it was shredtastic and defintely as dirty as any other death metal band I've heard.

They also obviously don't take themselves seriously, which is a plus in my book. YJM pisses me off because he loves himself so much. So much of humility (which is an integral part of being a good musician imo) is lost in his performances.

Now of course the recording quality sucks, and much of what makes some very big death metal bands so "dirty" is in reality the recording quality and a bunch of effects pedals, which these guys are lacking in with these videos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deac0n

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I would hesitate to call anyone a true music fan at all who hasn't gone out to see music live and actually supported music or done something other than listen to what's on the radio and has high hits on youtube.

I used to go to see music weekly or 2 times a week. Live shows should be the best form of music out there. If when you see someone (like B Spears for instance) live, and they sound exactly like the album, I lose a lot of respect for them. Yes..... I understand you can play it exactly like you practiced it for the album and spent time in the studio recording... now do something new............. innovative. Show me something I haven't heard a million times
I saw mccoy tyner play in DC... that was pretty awesome. I recently went on the Jazz Cruise and saw Benny Golson and Johnny O'neil and hung out with johnny some. He's a cool guy, i would recommend checking him out. Benny is an amazing composer and a great player.

I don't go to gigs because i'm scared of crowds... i do try though...

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Like I said, you haven't lived until you've been in a 'Wall of Death'.

Top Bottom