how much cheaper is the US

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
I was wanting to get a couple games and thought, maybe if I was buying a few at once I should get them from overseas because they're usually cheaper.
so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what you'd expect to pay if you went to your local game shop and wanted say, skyrim, BF3 and L4D2?
just wondering if it would be worth it anyway.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
usually not much savings. the prices you see on Steam are fairly on par with what GameStop offers.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
ReAlly? damn, I guess that makes sense though, I thought I better find out now, cause the Australian government is trying to stop online shopping, because cheap overseas process is taking away from local sales. I may contributed to that statistic.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
You can get decent prices on used games via Ebay and Amazon. It is somewhat of a risk i suppose to get keycodes that have been used, but I've never had an issue. I buy from sellers with only very good feedback.

You can also try those sites that sell discounted Keys. I've read lots of reviews on one and it's legit. You do run the risk of having the key banned at some point however, but the games are significantly cheaper.

Also, Warez-bb is great for a big discount :giggle:

AVC

Banned
The other issue is shipping, which you have to factor in.

Some games off Steam cost more here than USA

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
yeah, but buying clothes and skate stuff from the us is still cheaper, even after postage. i was just seeing if it was the same for games.

Kacey

Epic Poodle
Former Krew Member
Yeah, the average PC game off steam costs $80 AUD, because the pricing is in USD.

Idiotic publishers don't know that 1 USD =/= 1 AUD, 1 Pound, 1 Euro, etc.

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
I go to america every year cause i got family over there :)
First time i bought about 10 games for x box with all my christmas money and when i got home
i found out that the disks from america weren't compatible with a australian x box :|
Anyway this time i bought a load of ps3 games and they all work! :D
You can buy the games in a store there for about $60 or $50 for second hand which is a lot better
than paying $120 in Australia haha

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Speaking of America being cheaper, I went on ebay to look at how much smokers were Damage, there's none in Australia, and a $60 American one ends up being $260 because of postage Haha.

Top Bottom