Building New Computer: HELP!!!!

Predator'

Staff Sergeant
Okay so as some of you know my laptops smashed so im on a temp.
Damage gave me the idea to build my own.

I want to use this for gaming but will also need it for homework and programming.

Im a complete noob at building a computer and have no idea what to buy or what i need.
any help with this would be awesome. My budget is around 1000 to 1500

p.s can we keep on topic and not argue about whats better cause i really need to get this done and started

XD XD XD

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
$1000 - $1500. Woah, You have alot to play with lol. Ill try come up with something considering I live NEAR you

AVC

Banned
Where do you live?

Are you using your existing case? Monitor?

Do you particularly want a desktop or a replacement laptop?

Predator'

Staff Sergeant
Where do you live?

Are you using your existing case? Monitor?

Do you particularly want a desktop or a replacement laptop?

no i dont have an existing case.
I do have a monitor that i used with my laptop.

I do want a desktop cause i dont want another laptop sick of the last one i had.

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

$1000 - $1500. Woah, You have alot to play with lol. Ill try come up with something considering I live NEAR you

haha thanks :)

AVC

Banned
OK, if you don't require any portability a PC is the way to go.

You didn't answer the first question...

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Search Newegg's PC building videos on Youtube.

They are really helpful, and I will use them as templates to build my PC (it will most likely be updated by the time I have enough money).

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Are you in the USA? If so I can get cracking on a list of the best parts for your build. Also were you wanting to buy monitors? Maybe 2-3 even? If so, let me know so I can add that to my calculations.

Predator'

Staff Sergeant
Are you in the USA? If so I can get cracking on a list of the best parts for your build. Also were you wanting to buy monitors? Maybe 2-3 even? If so, let me know so I can add that to my calculations.
Im not in the US. But i have a way of getting some of the parts back from America.
Nah i dont need a monitor I already have one.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
A 2nd monitor is something to take into consideration though, espescially with your budget.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I agree with freez. A 2nd monitor would be nice. Which country do you live in, so I can look for prices there.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
A 2nd monitor will be useless if he doesn't even have an idea what to use it for...

IMO, just spend it all on the PC and you'll have a better rig.

Predator'

Staff Sergeant
I live in NZ and yeah i don't need a second monitor that's why i never took it in to consideration. I want to use most of the money on the PC and the performance.

boardinggamer

Private First Class
If you want something for gaming I recommend a desktop computer not a laptop.
You want a processor not to sure whats good or bad for those so cant help to much with that
you want a 2GB graphics card (more is fine and you could get away with 1GB too but eh)
at least 4GB ram (2 may work good but not sure)

so you could get a cheep computer replace those 3 parts and it should be perfect. Thats what I did and I play games on max settings with no lag. I also use my desktop for development and youtube and facebook and everything XD so that would be perfect for what your looking for...only problem is its difficult to move around

AVC

Banned
Go with the i5 CPU, and preferably the Z77 chipset for the mobo, and 8GB of RAM, those bits should set you back maybe $500.

I would recommend a SSD for the OS and programs, and a standard SATA HDD for your files.

1GB video card

From where I get my gear:

Mobo - Gigabyte Z77M $125, or $145 if you want Crossfire capability
CPU - Intel i5 $240
RAM - 8GB Corsair Dominator series $67
HDD - 120GB Sandisk SSD $140, SATA HDD WD 1TB-$130 or 2TB-$230
VC - Gigabyte 7850 (1GB) $279 or 7870 (2GB) $429
Monitor - Samsung 23" - $270
DVD - $30

Price so far $1281 cheap or $1551. Plus case, and crap like KB, mouse

Case? How long is a pice of string? You can get a cheap-ass $100 with a 50W PSU, or a fancy $300 one (usually the high end ones have no PSU.
I bought my Lian-Li case years ago and have upgraded it several times, it's rugged, has a slide out mobo tray, twin inlet fans, filters, and no sharp edges.
But each to his own.

You can save money by just going with a single non SSD drive, and that price is for the 3570K i5, you could get a lower spec one and a Z68 MB for lower cost

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
If you get given a list of parts, use that then check each one up on Static Ice, they will find you the cheapest price for that part, if its good for Australia, it should work for Nz.

Predator'

Staff Sergeant
Okay cheers guys i got some opinions from NZ shops, what do you guys think of this
CPU: AMD (FD6100WMGUSBX) FX-6100 BullDozer Black Edition, 3.3GHz/3.90GHz, 6x Core, 14MB Cache, 95W, Socket AM3
Motherboard: Gigabyte (GA-990FXA-D3) AMD 990FX SB950 ATX Socket AM3+ DDR3-2000 USB3.0, SATA3 RAID CrossfireX SLI.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 7870hd
Power Supply: Cooler Master (RS700-PCAAE3-AU) 700w Extreme Power Plus Sli Silent 12cm Fan Newest Atx 12v V2.3 Dual +12v1 And +12v2

I can afford this and there is other stuff obviously i just thought i would show the main stuff.

Top Bottom