Important Announcement: Servers are getting shut down and being moved

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Well :poop:
This is bad, I guess the best thing we can do is let everyone know that we can. Sucks cuz S1 is the only one I ever play on and I get a great ping as of now! Oh well, we'll get it worked out either way..

Rival

Double Nature
Former Krew Member
May 15th... The release date of both Diablo III & Tenacious D's new album. We'll be fiiinE!

Very good timing... Just as the servers started to become populated. S6 has 20 ppl on it from time to time. Old School has people like... 16 hours a day or something like that.

I'm sure we'll manage to get the servers back out there and that people will still join the servers, at least the people that are registered on the forum will still play probably, since they're gonna see this thread. :p

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Once back up, people will still be able to see them in the server quene.

Who knows...more people might get on.

ottoids

KKK's Pecker Checker
Former Krew Member
Oh maaaaaaaan...that sucks !!! I hope I'll have better ping when u move tho :D

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
I thought I was banned when I got online today, lol.

O.T Ouch, so s1 will disappear from all our guests favorites?

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
It's our name that is popular and the regulars will find us regardless,besides it will be kinda nice in a fews ways,forum regulars will populate it first so we'll have good people for a little while,and so on. Wally is it Gameservers.com that is the GSP for you?

JohnRyAn

|KKK|JohnRyAn
|K3| Member
Thanks for the info Walter.

yea I really hope that when we move s1 to chicago that it will be populated very quickloy again.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I'm sorry WaLLy. :(

You got screwed!

Make sure to make HUGE console messages in all of our servers about the move. Try to get as many regular players signed up on the forum as possible, as well, so they will be able to follow our move.

If you need help with anything, let me know.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
All servers are being shut down.

I already have an IP and shared server in Chicago. I will configure the new server and will be closing S1 and add the new IP for the server name. I think that would be the best way to do it so that folks know where to go.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Just a small update:

We might be going back to a shared server for the time being (less than half of what we used to pay.) Possibly an extra location to choose from as well (pending confirmation.)

I'm still in talks with the GSP but should have everything finalized by this evening.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Alright folks,

Here are the details:

I was able to snag 20 servers,
-10 in Chicago
-10 in Arizona
all for 100 bucks.

We're not on a dedicated server but from what the GSP says, the performance should still be the same as what we've had.

Time to start configuring.

Since people will bicker where S1 will be at, we will have 2 FFA Broadcast servers. 1 in Chicago and the other in AZ. The rest of the servers, might get re-arranged as well. I'll start creating threads as the servers are made so that changes could be requested within their respective threads.

Top Bottom