Anyone else get shit for the KKK tag?

C

Crackerman

I guess having a name like |KKK|Crackerman would be offensive to most, but are any of you guys getting static from servers who think we are Klansmen?

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I haven't been called a racist or whatever yet, but I could imagine that people do :(

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I got kicked from the BOK servers for having an offensive tag, but they would kick/ban a player for not having their shoes polished and hair longer than 3 inches on top..

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
I got kicked from the BoK servers for tax evasion. lets not start another one of these. I'm so colorblind Crackerman. I was thinking of Ritz crackers when I first saw you. I was like "well i guess this guy likes crackers." Now if you were Crackaman, totally different ball game. Racism is soooooo 1960s!

Caveadsum

The Merchant of Venom
|K3| Legend
lol yeah if only people would realize that. And you know when people rail on not discriminating against different races, well that just makes me notice more. I wouldn't even notice different races if they wouldn't just hammer it in the ground

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
You guys should of seen the shit I went through when I barely started |KKK| lol

Luckily, I haven't had much bitching about it anymore. MW2 is another story lol

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yea Wally I can only imagine, some people would certainly see our tags being offensive. You know on one of my binds I had " to join KKK da da da" and I changed it to "to join kaptin krunch krew da da da" for this reason. Now people will see the whole name instead of just KKK, just thought it would be a good idea :p

C

Crackerman

I guess the KKK tag would stir up less drama than Wally's original tag:

|SuckMyFuckingHogYouMotherRapingCockWeasel|

or the shorter version:

|SMFHYMRCW| Clan

I TM'd that one bitches so no biting!

G

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
no one said anything to be about it yet but its still early days i guess and i dont look a the text chat bit that much to be fair

if they wanna cry about it let them thats what i say ( i know its not ment in a bad way and if they dont wanna listen to what it means then im not losing sleep over it)

Sgt.Fishy

Sergeant
|K3| Member
well i got shit for it..then..i told them it stood for Kaptain Krunch Krew..i told em we like cereal..

Godless

Banned
To be honest, the tag is one of my big hang-ups. You guys are cool people, but I'd have to remove my tag to play anywhere else. I get banned enough as is, and adding something like that would make it even harder for me to establish my legitimacy. They'd just assume I was TRYING to be disruptive and botting.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Lol @ Fishy cereal is good for the body and mind :D

And Godless, I'm sorry that our tags offend you in that way, I sure won't be removing mine as I am proud to be a |KKK| Klan member but again, as you said you do get banned a lot for being "too good" and apparently you do a lot of server hopping too, so I would suggest not becoming a Klan member for that reason.

Godless

Banned
Oh, your tags don't offend me. I do not get offended, but you have to remember what that moniker means to a great many people in the US. Not everyone knows what your tag stands for, but just about everyone in the US knows who the KKK is. Thus, if I roll into a server with that tag and start destroying ....people will think that I am cheating, because they'll assume with a name like mine I'm just there to disrupt.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Thats a quick judgement as we are gamers, I wouldnt believe that people would honestly think about those racists as soon as they see the tags.

Commodore_H

Corporal
If people would really start making a problem of it, I'd just leave and join the KKK server. :p
But some mods are just too eager to ban someone to make em look cool for the rest of the gang. And then you get stuff like that, not being able to EXPLAIN the tag.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
One of the reasons I try to have more than 1 server, so I can offer a variety of gametypes and that way our Klan members don't really have to go anywhere else. Though I do understand the need to go to other servers which is fine by me. 8)

And yes, I do agree there are some Admins that get on power-trips and this is a big no-no in my books! But I guess I can't enforce that policy onto the other admins. :-\ Oh well.

Top Bottom