IPhone over heating?

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Okay so I'm at my girlfriends and the hands of insomnia have gripped me. Most likely because it's hot as hell. I turned my flash light app on and set my phone on my chest so I could read my book. After maybe 5 minutes I noticed my phone was warm but didn't think much of it. A couple minutes later my phone shut partially down and kept telling me temps were to high to function. Took a good 10 minutes to cool down enough for use.

Have any of you iPhone guys had this issue? Anything I can do to prevent it? Playing games for hours on end I've had no problems before... And now just the flashlight is doing me in.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I remember my 3GS used to get really hot when I used it to tether, to fix that I just set it on top of an ice pack and that kept it cool lol

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
What kind of iPhone is it? I know my 4s gets pretty warm sometimes.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
See if you can duplicate it again. If so, you might want to head to the Apple store and let them look at it. They will more than likely replace it with a new one if you can duplicate it in front of them.

My first 3GS used to get HOT to the touch and the battery would drain without even using it (I fucked up the phone XD) but Apple saw the symptoms and gave me a new one. No problem since.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Mine never heats up much.

Now, tell me more about it being really hot at your girlfriends ;)

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
It's the 4s. This morning I turned the app back on and got the phone hot again. It's like really hot to the touch.

Felon.... Amazing sex enough said.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Have your gave it a good ol' reboot? Do that, and try the app again.

What iOS version are you on? 5.0.1 or 5.1? The reason I ask because if you're on 5.0.1 they (Apple) will ask you to update your phone. Either you do it, or they will do it for you.

If you need to update, then update it and try the app again. If the problem is still there, take it to Apple and they will give you a new one.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Boo,the flash is just not made to be used for minutes on end like a real flashlight.The amperage of the led may be causing imbalanced energy draw which causes heat ...maybe :D

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
I'm running the newest version of iOS walls, I rebooted it, havent had problems with anything else, on some other games it gets pretty warm but not hot enough to stop the phone from working.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I'm running the newest version of iOS walls, I rebooted it, havent had problems with anything else, on some other games it gets pretty warm but not hot enough to stop the phone from working.

Again, if you can reproduce the cause easily, take it to the Apple store and they will give you a new one. If they give you a BS response like D's :)LOL:), ask them why the fudge do they have that app on the App Store? :K

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Will I have to wait for them to send me one? I just wanted to read last night and I couldn't :sadcry:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
:no:. If you visit an actual Apple Store and you're able to replicate the problem, they will replace yours right there. They wont bother fixing yours and giving it back. They'll just replace it.

Don't bother going to the phone carrier, they'll just tell you to take it to Apple anyway.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Yep, same model, carrier, specs, gig size minus the scratches you might have put on it :K

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Lol well mine hasn't left the lifeproof case it's in perfect physical condition :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
then that thing must be scorching hot if it's in a life proof case XD

I would cry if I had to exchange it cuz I spent 45 bucks on a full body clear thing by Zagg. But if you have a case, then DO ET, exchange it while you can. :D

Top Bottom