Classical Music

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member

One of the greatest pieces ever. Hats off to CLAUDE DEBUSSY!

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Debussy is the shit, but I don't think that's his best piece. Noice, Ethan.

Debussy is also not technically classical :p

Just sayin!!!!!! But having Romantic, Baroque, Classical, and Modern threads would be dumb.

:notworthy: debussy is the shit

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Luigi Boccherni : Fandango (1798) quintet for 2 violin,violincello,guitar and castanets n.4 in D major

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Debussy is the shit, but I don't think that's his best piece. Noice, Ethan.

Debussy is also not technically classical :p

Just sayin!!!!!! But having Romantic, Baroque, Classical, and Modern threads would be dumb.

:notworthy: debussy is the shit

19th Century still can be classical! If it is not classical, what genre would it be in that case?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
It's a stupid technicality. I was just joking.

Baroque music ended with Bach.

Classical music ended with Beethoven.

Romantic music started with Beethoven (kinda) and ended with people like Wagner.

20th century music is.... well from the 20th century.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
I guess I still consider it classical, even if it was composed after the prime "Classical Era".

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Whatcha mean by prime? Classical era is just a style of music. Very much followed the straightforward theory developed during the Baroque period. There were some new conventions in theory that appeared (such as a weird resolution... the Augmented 6 chords that resolve a M3 up, or a Minor 2nd down to the Dominant, that started to appear in the music of that century), but the basic structure remained.

:troll:

:troll2:

Last edited:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
By prime, I mean the time when Classical was the only music around sort of deal. Debussy create masterpieces when new genres of music where being created, but it is a more recent classical composition in my opinion.

Who else do you enjoy? I love Bach and Mozart for popular composers, and the Russians during the classical/1800's had some great pieces as well.

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
Revive time.

Chopin :luv:
So beautiful.

SoRude

|KKK|'s Swagga McDaddy
Former Krew Member
I love moonlight sonata!
I can play the first movement on piano :3 Its my dream to learn the 3rd hahaha

More chopinnn!!!

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I personally love the songs Ave Maria and Fur Elise :)
Plus Fur Elise is special because it was the first real song I learned to play on piano :D

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
Everyone plays Fur Elise though. >.< It gets really old once you've heard it a hundred times. :c

King_JCD

|K3|'s Sprite King
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Yea, but like i said, it was the first song i learned to play from when i was little, so it's special to me

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I like soundtracks that feature classical music.

The Tudors and The Game of thrones soundtracks are great. Both are all classical.

I also have an album called 99 pieces of dark classical music. Something like that.

Link

|KKK|'s Storyteller
Former Krew Member
Oh sowwie dood. Didn't mean to diss your song. XD It's just that I've heard it so much as a teacher, and student. Sorry budd. <3

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Nice SoRude, Chopin is a god. Fantaisie Impromptu is one of my favourite pieces to play. Though I think Chris might come and kick our ass for not posting pure classical music in here :D. Imma go ahead and post this anyway (a piece I have ambitions of playing one day, my hands just cannot move like this):

Nikon

カメラマン
|K3| Member
Woah... that guy has got some crazy fingers!

This is one of my favorite Chopin pieces. This one also needs some really swift phalanges!

Bambi

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I know it is a stereotypical piece, but damn its hard to beat Argerich playing Rach 3. Mesmerising from first to last moment. I often stare at a wall when listening to this and only snap out 40 minutes later like "what just happened?":

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and this is off the beaten track, but no less brilliant. Another one I enjoy playing (took me bloody long enough to learn it). Great party piece because it sounds harder than it is:

Top Bottom