Classical Music

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Post classical music here. Don't post whole symphonies. Post small pieces and movements of symphonies. Also, this does not have to be from the CLASSICAL period.

Beethoven's 9th. Written when he was deaf. How amazing is that. It starts out with power chords and bass doubling.... basically, the harmonic basis for rock and electronic music. And he did it when deaf. And he had to write EVERY PART for EVERY INSTRUMENT. Fucking amazing.

For anyone who hasn't done it already, I encourage you to learn your classical music history. These guys are really fucking amazing.

Without some of these guys (Bach, Beethoven, Haydn..etc.) music would not be the same today. There would BE no YJM. There would be no hendrix. Bach took music and simplified it into terms all composers could understand, and on top of that he made music even the greatest geniuses of today still cannot fully understand. And this all happened hundreds of years ago.

It is simply amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
Concierto de Aranjuez by Joaquin Rodrigo composed 1939
nearly blind from diptheria at the age of three

Last edited:

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Only the first come from Classical time ^^

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Please, when you post, include a text addition of the Composer's name, the movement or part of their works it is from, and a little about the composer. I am responding mostly to the first reply in this thread.

Please, try not to just post asian people playing classical solos. The point of this thread is to admire art. At least have it be a sonata.

For those who don't know what sonata means, please post videos of at least 4 people playing in the same piece.

Also, if your piece has a popular name, please include the nonpoular information. Please post the video with the name of the work and its composer. Date it was written would be very very nice.

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 PM ----------

Brahms is the shit, Sarg! you know, he wanted handel's wife? She stayed loyal to her husband even after death, however. It's a long story :p
Also, Sarg, no videos in your post come from the Classical time. Brahms was a romantic era composer. Right after classical. Romantic Era brings about some of the most accessible classical music to non_classical listeners.
The style of the other pieces may still be classical, even if written outside of that time period, but to me, they don't sound like it. They are still great "classical" (in the general sense, the one I meant with this thread) pieces. Thanks, dude!

Last edited:

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
My battle theme: Star Wars- Duel of Fates, composed by John Willams who did music for tons of famous movies like Indiana Jones and ET

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
okay.... john williams movie theme music is not classical music.

Mario Theme when played by orchestra is not classical music.

PLEASE POST CLASSICAL MUSIC!

Make Movie/Game Theme section for other posts

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 PM ----------

http://krewgaming.com/showthread.php/6438-Movie-TV-Game-Music-Thread?p=101602#post101602

Here ya go!
I'm a fan of movie music, too. And well-written game music. It's just not classical music. Sorry to be a dick, but I'm trying to get the right music in the right places. It's not that i don't LIKE the stuff you guys posted! <3

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
If you have ever seen Peter and the Wolf, you know this tune. Sergey Prokofiev...A great composer indeed.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Noice. His orchestration is genius. His use of woodwinds as different characters creates such a powerful yet subtle effect.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Well, lemme put it this way. YOur kind of music, whatever it is, borrows elements from this music. Elements from this music that would not have been organized at all, or even made popular had it not been for revolutionary composers such as these. Green day is simply the dumbest form of 1-4-5 progression you can get. You know who brought hat up? Bach. Bach brought together music in a concrete form. You can listen through teh time periods for yourself. I doubt you will, though, so you should just trust me. This IS your ind of music, it just doesn't have the bells and whistles your music has right not. In a MORE CORRECT WAY OF SAYING IT, Your kind of music is this music only it tweaked it a little or left some shit out because they didn't understand it

Just sayin'. This is musical heritage. Agree with it or not, this spawned your music. Without this, you would have nothing you listen to today. No matter how simple it is. These pioneers of music laid down the body work for what is today pop (lazy as people who pick and choose what of music to steal and rearrange, basically). This holds true for jazz as well. HOWEVER, jazz is still my favorite music. (Even though it is still "pop" in the same sense). But I still honor my heritage.

Just try to think about that.

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
TD said:
Also, this does not have to be from the CLASSICAL period.

TD said:
Also, Sarg, no videos in your post come from the Classical time.

You need to know what you want dude...

Too bad too, imo classical is intemporal, and like at our century it still exist some "Classical" composers...i wonder how can u determine a date to end "the classical time"? Anyway, according to my search on web for 20th century classical composer, and if i follow your way of thinking, Strauss, Ravel, Prokofiev are not Classical composers...

WHAT? Star wars theme is not classical? :gtfo: it was written for philharmonic orchestra not for a fkin jazz band.

Movie/Game theme is not classical? Nobuo Uematsu is maybe not as big as beethoven..its still a classical composer. I recognize that he maybe never written an opera, or sonata, or sonet or fkin w/e you think is classic...but when i hear FFVIII soundtrack...he just wrote 12 FF games scores, all in classical style... but idk how you can say its not classical, i agree to say that he's not a "Classical only composer",and i totally agree that mario theme played by an orchestra is not classic, but when the scores use the same mechanic as a 1900's score + they use orchestra...for me its classical music.(and commercial song on these soundtrack weren't written by N.Uematsu)...And so like Beethoven, Mozart, Brach were use in Movie/games soundtrack...there nothing to do here neither? I discovered Brams on Burnout Paradise soundtrack...so he's not classical?

Im pretty sure that John Williams would be very glad to hear you say that his 6 movies soundtrack "are not classical"...

So u just want Dead composer in your post or music inventors?...say it correctly in the first post. And stop being a dick...u maybe learn recently how work with it, its not a reason to being one all the time. :troll2:

So for followin posters...Please post classical composer from this list only or TD will become a bigger dick soon...an avoid all that it was written after 19's century...after that, not enough classic for purist...:adolf:

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator

Edvard Grieg's "In the Hall of the Mountain King" performed at the Musikfestspiele Potsdam Sanssouci by the Deutsches Filmorchester Babelsberg under the direction of Scott Lawton.

Yeah...i know...its a romantic composer ;)

Edvard Hagerup Grieg (15 June 1843 – 4 September 1907) was a Norwegian composer and pianist. He is best known for his Piano Concerto in A minor, for his incidental music to Henrik Ibsen's play Peer Gynt (which includes Morning Mood and In the Hall of the Mountain King), and for his collection of piano miniatures Lyric Pieces.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Idk dude, I was drunk and on k posting about classical music really quickly.

Stylistically, John Williams' music for star wars isn't really classical. When mario is played by a symphonic orchestra, it's not classical. That's all I was sayin.... I think.

Top Bottom