HOW TO GET STAR WARS MOD FOR SERVER 8

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Since Wally is having trouble at the moment, i thought it would be good to make a how to guide on how to get the Star Wars Mod files a different way. Thanks to Honest Johnny For providing the link and instructions on how to do it. All credit goes to him, I am just making the guide with screenshots.

Step 1 - Go to this Link and download the file - http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-mod-galactic-warfare/downloads/star-wars-mod-galactic-warfare-04-beta - Screen shots One and Two. Pay attention to where you are downloading the file to. Mine is desktop.

Step 2 - Find the saved folder on your Computer and extract the files. Screen shots Three, Four and Five.

Step 3 - Double Click on the mods file shown in screen shot five. Inside you will find the SWM-04b File. Screen Shot Six.

Step 4 - Copy and paste , or drag and drop the SWM_04B file found inside the mods folder - (screen shot five) into the call of duty mods file as shown in screen shots seven, eight and nine.

Step 5 - Find the folder called usermaps. Should be in the same spot that the Mod's folder was in. (Screenshot Five)

Step 6 - Drag and drop, or copy and paste the usermaps file into your main Call of Duty folder. This is found after clicking the Activision Folder shown in screenshot seven, which then brings up the folder(s) show in screen shot Ten. Double Click on Modern warfare and move the usermaps folder into here as show in screenshot eleven.

Thats it. Now when you click on server eight you should not have to download anyfiles and should go str8 into the game as normal.

Notes: To find your activision folder where Call of Duty is installed Click on my computer, C drive, Program Files x86, Activision then Call of duty modern warfare. Thats how it is for me using Windows Vista 64 bit. Since not everyone uses vista 64, it might be slightly different on your PC. If any XP users or windows 7 users do this, please modify my post and show how to get to the Activision Folder. Thanks.

Any Questions PM me.

Post Merge: [time]1270637981[/time]

Post Merge: [time]1270637987[/time]

Post Merge: [time]1270637992[/time]

Post Merge: [time]1270637996[/time]

Post Merge: [time]1270638003[/time]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Sargass

|KKK| Sargasaurus
|K3|Super-Moderator
Normally under xp, the folder for mod map can be located at C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\Mods

Top Bottom