Binds Do Not Save

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
So, I have been trying to make new binds for a few days since the URL switch and all, and it seems every time I make a new one, it will save until I close the game, and once come back in.. it will just be the original.

I made my current binds through the console, and trying to make the new ones, I cleared the current, and did the exact same method in creating them. They work fine, but they do not save like I said.

Anyone have any suggestions or help? I haven't messed with any config files to my knowledge.

Last edited:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Did exactly as you said. Opened mp_config, edited it in notepad, saved in same place, an then converted it to read only. Went back in the file to see if the binds I typed and wanted were there...yes they were.

I went into the game and they are still the original. Did I miss something?

---------- Post added March 31st, 2012 at 01:49 PM ---------- Previous post was March 30th, 2012 at 11:25 PM ----------

Help please.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Doesn't matter, they should stay.

When you change your binds throguh the console, it changes your config file. Do you have more than one profile? Is it possible you are changing the wrong one. Your binds aren't saved anywhere else except your config file, so if you manually alter that, it makes no sense that the originals should be coming back..... once you change the config, you have changed the originals. The originals you speak of should no longer exist.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Okay..I was editing the file under players instead of main. It finally works now! Thanks for the help guys! Case closed.

Top Bottom