Fantasy

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I highly recommend anything by Neil Gaiman...Anansi Boys and Neverwhere were awesome reads..first to post mofo's!

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Depending on which type of fantasy (sci-fi or sword and sandals) I recommend the Conan books by Robert e howard, l sprague de camp and others, and the spellsinger series by alan dean foster (very amusing as well as exciting)

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Still haven't gotten around to Reading 'Inheritance' yet. I remember Brisinger ending on a cliffhanger but I finished it about a year before the 4th book was released and I had forgotten the story line

Also would recommend the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson

rocketfish

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I have been reading Robert Jordan. "Wheel of Time" series it's about 12 or 13 books long and is very well written. Unfortunately Robert Jordan has since died of a rare disease. Also Tolkien I must have read that 5 or 6 times. I used to read Asimov, Heinlen, Brooks too.

HIBred

Foolish Mortal
|K3| Executive
I have ,for the past few months been totally drawn into the Malazan books by Stephen Erickson and Ian Cameron Esslemont...great dialogue and characters...I recommend the Book of the Fallen main series by Erickson cuz there's 10 books and its complete...if you love fantasy books you will laugh ...you will cry...you will WTF!

*note this world was created by 2 writers so its not nessecary but worth checking out the timelines and reading the books in order..i geeked out and joined the Malazan forum :K
http://forum.malazanempire.com/forum/100-new-members-start-here/

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I just finished The Confession by John Grisham.

Now I'm onto Blood of the Assassin by Russel Blake. Or maybe it's Blake Russel. Quick, fun reads. Once i finish that I'm going to start Stephen King's latest, Mr.Mercedes man.

Aside from Game of Thrones, I've never been much into fantasy, but in fairness I haven't read any other than GOT. Magic and wizards and all of that doesn't really appeal to me much.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
That looks good. I'm going to add it to my list.

Downloaded and added to tablet.

And my bad on this thread, i thought it was the now reading thread. Didn't realize it was for Fantasy only.

Last edited:
Top Bottom