I will be geting a new Laptop

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Okay, I'm currently looking for work. When I get a job and a salary I will be able to estimate my actual budget for this new laptop and the time at which I will have said money.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Bump

Looks liek I'll be getting a job soon.

New requirements are that it be epic as all get out. Laptop. Not a MBP.... checked out the new ones. SOOO NOOOTT WORTH THE MONEY. Dropping 3 grand and all you get is a 15 inch laptop @2.6 GHz with 1 GB VRAM? BS!

So heellllllppppp. I'll have enough money within 4 months of getting a job, at the latest. I'm willing to drop up to 1500 i think. MB i make exception if there is some awesome deal.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Bump

Looks liek I'll be getting a job soon.

New requirements are that it be epic as all get out. Laptop. Not a MBP.... checked out the new ones. SOOO NOOOTT WORTH THE MONEY. Dropping 3 grand and all you get is a 15 inch laptop @2.6 GHz with 1 GB VRAM? BS!

So heellllllppppp. I'll have enough money within 4 months of getting a job, at the latest. I'm willing to drop up to 1500 i think. MB i make exception if there is some awesome deal.

That's the retina display model. They do sell the normal models without retina for MUCH cheaper. But yea I can find you something. I'll post later.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yea, but the 15 inch is still 2200 bucks for the same specs. Too much IMO. The specs aren't that big of a step up from what i have now. This new laptop will be primarily for gaming, and I just don't see the need for it to be a mbp. But we'll weigh the options, I have time.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yea, but the 15 inch is still 2200 bucks for the same specs. Too much IMO. The specs aren't that big of a step up from what i have now. This new laptop will be primarily for gaming, and I just don't see the need for it to be a mbp. But we'll weigh the options, I have time.

1699 for 15inch. But yes I agree. You need a more powerful laptop for games.

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
I was thinking of getting a 13 in MbP, but I haven't been able to find the actual specs of its gpu or if you can even upgrade it. I want it mainly for music stuff and my dad has a 15in so I know what that's capable of, but does anyone know if you can get the 13 to work as well with games?

also my dad has a program called Parallels, which only costs $60, but basically allows you to run that program and then run windows programs through it. its pretty much like having 2 OS without needing to dual boot, which seems great.

Kreubs

|K3|Minecraft Admin
|K3| Executive
You could get a gaming laptop with a 3rd gen i7, 12 gb ram, and a gtx 570/670m with a GB on newegg for $1400-$1500. Apple charges an arm and a leg for 1-2 year old tech in some models -.-

^i know it's convenient to have side-by-side OS's but 60 seems a bit steep when you could do it for free o_O

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
You could get a gaming laptop with a 3rd gen i7, 12 gb ram, and a gtx 570/670m with a GB on newegg for $1400-$1500. Apple charges an arm and a leg for 1-2 year old tech in some models -.-

^i know it's convenient to have side-by-side OS's but 60 seems a bit steep when you could do it for free o_O

You don't get the Mac experience from a gaming laptop. They are two different catagories of laptops. 13inch MBP is aimed for ease of use, portability, and really long battery life (Damn near all day battery). Gaming laptop is something you leave on your desk and gets hour and a half battery life for "Portability". They aren't in the same class, thus they can't be compared. for 1199 the 13inch model macbook air or pro is rather cheap if you compare it to other companies trying to make similar sized laptops with similar battery life.

- - - Updated - - -

13inch macbook pro won't really do any high end gaming. It uses the intel 4000HD graphics chipset (intergrated graphics). Although it is decently powerful and it will do games, it just doesn't make sense to buy a 13inch for games. If you want a macbook pro and you want to play games the 15inch is the way to go. It has a kepler nvidia GPU paired with a Ivy Bridge Intel processor (2.3ghz with up to 3.3ghz turbo) which is very capable for modern gaming. Bottom model is 1799.

- - - Updated - - -
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Pick anyone of these puppies. Should work well TD. http://sagernotebook.com/index.php?page=category_browse&selected_cat=8

If you want a 17inch, the highest model on that page is the way to go. The rest are 15.6 inch.

Last edited:

Jack

|KKK|s Sexiest Voice
|K3| Member
Yeah I was going with the MbP because of its music capabilities, and the 13in because it is cheaper, its funny to me that people go on about macs inability to game, but the 2011 13in MbP can run skyrim on medium settings, and seeing as I've spent my whole life playing games on extra low settings and my current computer can't run skyrim at all, its fine for me.

Top Bottom