I will be geting a new Laptop

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Hello fellow noobs,

I will be getting a job soon, so I will finally be able to afford that new pc or laptop. I would prefer a laptop. I won't have enough money for this little baby for maybe 4-8 months, so I'm counting on you techies to keep up to date to help me find the best one at that time. I am looking for game-ability, and music-ability (like production..... and real programs like Digital Performer, Finale, Sebalius, Ableton *cough* noobs, logic pro, ... and virtual DJ *COUGH* lol jks that last one isn't a real music program.......etc.)

Laptop SHOULD be able to run Mac OS nicely, because I need to be able to do music. However, if that's too hard, I can always fall back on the one I'm using for music based thing.

I wanna be able to play Mass Effect 3 maxed. My budget is 1000 - 1700 dollars. That is my goal. Anything over that is just extra shiz on the cake (because.... who doesn't like cake with more shiz... right?)

So.... just getting this thread started.

Thanks,
TheDude

Last edited:

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Clip remember epic laptops are a hell of a lot more expensive than epic desktops.

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Here's a nice one. Perfect for 1080p video, music production, video production, AND playing any game MAXED.

atari.jpg

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
You are a noob chris. A 13inch mbp can't do shit. A 15 or 17 is a whole different story. I can run black ops maxed out on my MacBook pro 15. Has a AMD 6750 graphics core.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I have a 17 inch MBP......

Mine doesn't have AMD 6750 GPU.... i haz GeForce 9600M GT :(((((((((((((((

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Will it run ME3 and Skyrim maxed? (or close to)

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yea that's because you have a 2008 or 2009 macbook pro. 2011 model has the 6750 and 6770 gpu. SOME EARLY 2011 HAVE 6470's IN THEM, STAY AWAY.

Freeze

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
TD get a desktop, stuff gets so much cheaper when considering good graphics cards and processors!

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Well the question is do you want a legit mac or you can always build a hackintosh or even hackintosh your laptop. You just need to do abit of research to find out compatible hardware. If you go mac I would probably recommend the macbook with the 6770 I have the 6750 in my iMac and it plays COD4 at 1920x1080 no problem havent tried better games thats the reason im recommending the 6770 its a better card

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I want a laptop. If I get a MBP, by the time I have enough money, I will probably be getting a 2012 Refurb. So.... It will have better shiz in it. I will post specs when I'm seriously considering. Thanks guys.

So it seems MBP is still the way to go. Mine sucks monkey bawls for gaming. New ones will run new games maxed, Joe? You sure? XD

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I want a laptop. If I get a MBP, by the time I have enough money, I will probably be getting a 2012 Refurb. So.... It will have better shiz in it. I will post specs when I'm seriously considering. Thanks guys.

So it seems MBP is still the way to go. Mine sucks monkey bawls for gaming. New ones will run new games maxed, Joe? You sure? XD

Mine runs fine. Windows seems to run games much better on here though. I have windows 7 on dual boot. Mw3 and black ops are near maxed and run smooth. (round 60 fps). Don't buy refurb from apple. Craigslist yourself a macbook. They almost always still have some warranty on them and you can extend apple care for it. And they are cheaper than refurb models.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
I made the mistake to choose +180 euros for 3.1Ghz to 3.3Ghz when i bought my Mac.
I regret that big time now lol for the same money i couldve chosen a 1gb gpu.. The new Macs' gpus are just fine just make sure you dont see 9400m or whatever cuz apple is still trying to fuck some people over with that card.

My next pc is gonna be hackintosh though. i7 1gb gpu 17 inch laptop for 800 instead of 2400+ same specs Apple.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
That's what I'm saying...... If i can get a better laptop that runs windows..... I'll just use that. I still have this MBP for audio software.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
That's what I'm saying...... If i can get a better laptop that runs windows..... I'll just use that. I still have this MBP for audio software.

If that's the case there are tons of options. You can use the old one for audio and the new laptop for gaming. Better yet, why not just get a desktop to play games and use your old macbook for all of your mobile needs.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Needs to be a laptop, brosef.

I move around a lot. And I want to be able to pwn you guys wherever I go. XD

This MBP will work fine for even the most intense audio dev needs.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
You will save alot of money buying a windows laptop instead of a mac, thats why I asked if you wanted a real mac or not. Ivy Bridge is suppose to get released sometime this year might wanna wait to see what they come out with, the new chips is suppose to be more power effecient in laptops

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
You will save alot of money buying a windows laptop instead of a mac, thats why I asked if you wanted a real mac or not. Ivy Bridge is suppose to get released sometime this year might wanna wait to see what they come out with, the new chips is suppose to be more power effecient in laptops

Yea he would save more money. The reason I recommended a mac for him is because he wants OS X and it would be really hard for him to install that on a windows laptop. But since his old mac still works, he can go full out and buy a nice lenovo or ASUS or something.

Top Bottom