Undercover Names

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
*this isn't meant to single out anyone - there are numerous people that do it*

Everyone has the freedom to play UC but why play UC when there are fellow Krew Members playing?

Here are a couple reasons why I think some like to go UC:

-they just like to get banned
-adds to their ego (as TD puts it)
-they don't want people to say "fuck, it's XXXXX, I'm not gonna play against him" (this doesn't happen much, IMO)
-they just want to fuck with people

I personally am annoyed at UC players cuz I don't give a rats ass who I play with/against. I just want to play and kick some ass or get my ass kicked. Whatever.

The point is, stop trying to hide and just play with your damn name.

PS. At some point, we (and I'm sure the majority of the staff will agree on this) will start having extended bans. Meaning, if you get banned while UC, expect the ban lift to be delayed.

/end rant

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Im too lazy or dont remember the bind at the moment to change back to my name. Maybe someone could help me with that?

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Well I can say that I do use undercover name most of the time when I play, but it's not for any of the reasons you listed. The main reason for me is that the majority of people on S1 know that I'm a Mod so when I'm on with my name it's instantly "blu kick these spawn campers", do this and that and most of the time when I go to spec them they are playing. They do spawn "kill" but the majority of them are not camping, and I get very annoyed at hearing this the entire time I'm on.

If you want me to play with my real name all the time I guess I could, and another thing is when your on and they keep saying this and you don't kick them they get mad. Saying stuff like "wtf, he's spawn camping why won't you kick him", etc... and it ends up being a fight more than anything. But there's only one time that I can remember that I got banned while undercover and that was from Houston, and I'm pretty sure it was a mistake also. I don't play like an idiot (purposely looking like a hacker, etc...) and don't want to be banned, that's my two cents.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
You also dared me to kick you if I remember it right..lmao Wound up banning both you and Brian and getting myself fired.. Oh well life goes on:D

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I see you point Blu, but personally i just ignore them or tell them to let the staff do it's job. Usually the latter. It does get annoying though when a few people get on your ass about it and don't stop. Some members do that as well and it does piss me off at times, but we are the chosen staff, not them, and we should do what we feel is right in regards to the server.

If you're playing, you will know who is spawn camping and who isn't because you yourself will get spawn camped at some point. When people report in general now things like, spawncamping on s1, I'll go in UC and just start playing and letting myself get killed very quickly. In doing so, i can usually re-spawn at all of the different points on the map within a few minutes. Usually if there is a legitimate spawn camper on i will be killed by them and can then kick them. If I'm just spawn killed, i can see the kill cam and see the player was either moving through the area or had just spawned himself. I've found this to be an easier way to track habitual spawn campers instead of scrolling through every player in the game. If a report comes in on a specific player however, that's a different story.

With respect to the OP, I will single someone out.

Tito, start using your real name. That would solve a lot of problems and keep me or other mods from wasting time spectating you when you're reported. I don't know why you need to be told this over and over.

Last edited:

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
The only reason I think someone should use an UC name is if they are going straight in to ban a hacker, or spectate a possible hacker.

Numerous times, I have believed someone(usually Tito(which he is not a member anymore so idk)) hacks, but they just have an undercover name, and when I figure out who it is I get mad even more.

I could see a Krew member using a 2nd name only if they make sure clearly all the other members know who it is. Dope and Undercover for example.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
You also dared me to kick you if I remember it right..lmao Wound up banning both you and Brian and getting myself fired.. Oh well life goes on:D

That wasn't me, I've never dared anyone to ban me, it's not my style. This was a long time ago also, like 2+ yrs or longer so I'm not sure who your talking about...

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Well sorry for saying something on this topic. I know I'm not a member, but I wanted to add to what BluBirD said.

I used to go Undercover when I was a mod. I used to do it because I didn't want to talk to anyone. People who knew me would say ban this person or try having a regular conversation while I was trying to play, and I didn't want to be rude. I was never that good to be called a hacker, so I never had a problem lol.

Anyways, I understand your rant though WaLLy. I almost banned Titoezz once. I was specing that foo' for ever. I even had the command typed in and was about to push enter, but I checked his guid with my guid list at the last minute and found out who he was. I thought he was wallhacking, but he was doing unbelievably good that day.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I would only go UC to spectate a possible hacker, its happened to me before where I would leave the game, change my name, come back, and see someone hacking who wasn't when I was not UC.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah I completely agree with what Blu said, that's the exact same reason I play UC most of the time too. It does get old that people complain and bitch about others spawn camping when they're really not. Then bitch at you cuz you're not doing anything about it. Probably 75% of the ones that complain don't even know what it really means.

I will admit that I do miss playing regularly under my krew name but the above reasons are mostly why I don't. And purposely trying to get banned is kinda stupid IMO, whether you're a member or not. I did know tito was on earlier though cuz of his name.. "imtitodontban" :lmao:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Ill be U/C my first few minutes in S1. Thats only to spec for hackers and spawncampers. Eventually i exit the server and go back with my real name.

AVC

Banned
a10.jpg

tombraider

K3's social Media Rep.
|K3| Member
hahah tito is crazy! he was on today and weird to see his real name on there! but agree with blu i can see how this would get annoying and i like how he put the point in to forwarn the krew who you are

Top Bottom