Banning Politics from the Shoutbox

Should politics be banned from the shoutbox?

• Yes

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Disagree.

If something else comes up that creates such tension in shout(which i highly doubt) it can be voted on as it's being voted on here. Don't think you can base it on all hypotheticals. I don't think the banning of political discussion is , let's ban anyone who mentions something political, it refers to long heated debates which not only piss people off but cause people to leave (myself included) the shout and forum during that time.

Voting twice on two different names is epic fkn :fail: and shouldn't be tolerated IMO. We have banned people in the past for creating two accounts so i don't see why someone would do that, especially an admin, to try and and circumvent the process and sway the vote. Setting a bad example IMO.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
One of the best things about this forum is we are free to talk about anything at anytime.. If people get pissed and leave they come back later after its over.. Not everyone can handle a rational discussion without resorting to name calling, pettiness and anger whatever the discussion. Banning politics is bullshit and voting twice is fraud and should be bannable

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I agree with the voting twice. As i said earlier it really discredits the whole process especially if admins are doing it. Blu has said in the past that some polls are pointless or don't mean anything. If we have Admins or any members voting twice to circumvent the process and sway votes, i cant argue with him. I'm not very happy with it at all and have no idea why someone would do that.

Last edited:

AVC

Banned
Well, I could care less, due to the fact that I'm lucky to know who your President is, let alone anything else.

Can we ban talking about airports too?

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I agree with the voting twice. As i said earlier it really discredits the whole process especially if admins are doing it. Blu has said in the past that some polls are pointless or don't mean anything. If we have Admins or any members voting twice to circumvent the process and sway votes, i cant argue with him. I'm not very happy with it at all and have no idea why someone would do that.

Yeah I think this is pretty fked up myself, I guess at first I missed it and didn't realize that he did that. It makes me wonder now how many other polls have been "tampered" with too.

The reason I said what I did in the past was because it seems like all the polls I vote on gets in favor against me, of course this is not my fault or anyone else's, that's how they turn out and I was just a little ticked about it.

But this (voting twice) goes beyond what I thought was going on, I'm not sure if this has happened more than just this once or what, but what I think should happen is everyone get rid of ALL accounts that is not your main one. I mean, why would you have more than one in the first place, and two this kind of shit can happen as well.

I "think" I do have another one, yellowbird or something like that and the reason I created is was at that time something was wrong with mine and I couldn't get on the forum without making a new one until Wally fixed the problem, if you can track that one down wally you can delete it.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Well if people would grow a pair while talking politics, we wouldn't have this problem. And besides, we only have a select number of members that can get engaged in a conversation about one's political views. Like AVC said(sorta), people in other countries don't care about America's politics, and vice-versa. I think it is perfectly fine...It's a part of life and it is a subject to talk about. I don't know what else to say. :eyebrow:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I'm always for "banning" politics from the shoutbox with full intent to break that rule a lot. It basically just gives admins the right to kill a political conversation immediately if they think it's getting out of hand, and for some people, it will stop them from arguing.

If the question is really to ban political discussion from the shoutbox entirely, I say "no." There's no reason why we can't just kick out the people who are arguing, right? Punish those who can't keep their cool and keep it civil.

So change my vote to "no."

People NEED to be able to talk about politics in an intelligent, civil, and productive manner. It's a huge part of being a good american, too. If you can't talk about politics without getting into a fistfight, you totally shouldn't be voting.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Hey! I'm a foreigner and I care a little bit about American politics :p

oh and btw: If you can't talk about politics without getting into a fistfight, you totally shouldn't be voting.

^that's why i didn't vote :lmao:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I disagree. People in other countries care very much about our politics because the decisions are politicians make have adverse affects on business and other things in other countries.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
i usually am LOST with politics, im 11 yrs old i dont want politics!

You will one day and hopefully it won't be to late for you to figure that out...

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

Well 18 to 10 in favor for the ban, not looking good for the ones that want to speak their minds about it...

So if we do, is it a ban or what? Just curious...

Sebaot

Corporal
|K3| Member
Agreed.....Politics/Race/Hate/Religion.... shouldn't be topics for the Shoutbox... Just my 2 cents...

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I think it was premature to discuss any form of punishment before the poll had closed.

Just guessing here, but i doubt any real punishment would be handed down unless someone was deliberately trying to provoke a heated discussion or piss someone off after being repeatably asked to stop. If that was the case a temp shout ban could be given for an indefinite period of time.

We aren't Nazi's enforcing curfew here, more like a , come on maaaaaaaaaaan, no politics brah! :bitchslap:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Just guessing here, but i doubt any real punishment would be handed down unless someone was deliberately trying to provoke a heated discussion or piss someone off after being repeatably asked to stop. If that was the case a temp shout ban could be given for an indefinite period of time.

Well this is a partial answer anyways, and I don't think I've seen someone deliberately trying to piss any one else off in the shout because of politics, I could be wrong but it's not something I do. I like to be able to talk about anything but in a calm, cool way and of course sometimes it doesn't go that way, thanks D ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom