Banning Politics from the Shoutbox

Should politics be banned from the shoutbox?

• Yes

Votes: 18 62.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I think that if someone starts to take issue with the political discussion in the shout, the discussion should be killed. That's the best way to deal with it in my opinion. If everyone is up for some political debate, heated or not, then so be it. But if other people want to talk about other things, it can be very difficult when some contrived "i know what I'm talking about" political nonsense is going on. I hope you realize, gregsauce is the only one with a degree in political science here, and YES that DOES make him smarter about it than pretty much everyone else here (regardless of what sites you go to or who you know in politics or how often you read the newspaper or whether or not you work near someone who knows a congressman...etc). Sorry. So yea, as long as we can all admit that most of out political discussion really isn't legitimate and we're just arguing and if someone says stop, then we should stop, then I say, don't ban it. But if we can't agree on that, then it's time to ban it from the shoutbox.

I think that's fair. That way, no one gets their feelings hurt and everyone can enjoy shoutbox time.

*waits for some douchebag to say "well I DO KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT AND YOU CAN'T STOP THE POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS!.....temper tantrum*

As for enforcement, I'd agree to having the punishment being timeout from the shoutbox. Just don't abuse that shit XD

Last edited:

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I think that if someone starts to take issue with the political discussion in the shout, the discussion should be killed. I hope you realize, gregsauce is the only one with a degree in political science here, and YES that DOES make him smarter about it than pretty much everyone else here (regardless of what sites you go to or who you know in politics or how often you read the newspaper or whether or not you work near someone who knows a congressman...etc).

Well for one having a degree makes you smarter is complete bullshit and you should know it, that right there does NOT make you smarter rather you like it or not. There's a guy that I worked with 3-5 years ago that did the same job as I went to school for, he knew more than just about everyone else there and never went to school for it, so just because you have a degree in something does not make you smarter in it, that's an arrogant statement.

And two, why the fk are you flip flopping? Your just like Romney or Gingrich you can't make up your mind on shit. First you basically said "ban for it", then you said don't ban and even changed your vote to no. And now you say "yeah it should be banned "if" it gets out of hand". That's the thing about it, who judges when it gets out of hand for one and two, who implements the punishment for it?

Look the main thing for me is free speech, that's what I'm after and when you "start" to take that away, in one way or another there are ALWAYS other things that can constitute for it, and to take more of your rights away, you see where I'm going? It doesn't matter if the discussion is politics or pics of someone's shiz in the toilet, once you go down that road it's really hard to turn back.

What happened about your backing on this quote by... well yourself?

If the question is really to ban political discussion from the shoutbox entirely, I say "no." There's no reason why we can't just kick out the people who are arguing, right? Punish those who can't keep their cool and keep it civil.

So change my vote to "no." People NEED to be able to talk about politics in an intelligent, civil, and productive manner. It's a huge part of being a good american, too. If you can't talk about politics without getting into a fistfight, you totally shouldn't be voting.

Like I said before, who does the punishment for it, is it the Admins, Wally or what?, I hope you understand what I'm staying here....

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
As for enforcement, I'd agree to having the punishment being timeout from the shoutbox. Just don't abuse that shit XD

Who decides what is abuse and what's not? Just curious Mr. Romney :giggle:

Seriously though, you can see where this is going. It's never going to stop, once you start with something like free speech it never ends. You will always have opposition to it. I just don't get that if someone has a problem with it, or can't handle it, then FREAKIN LEAVE! It's not that hard to do.. I know for some it is but still, maybe THEY need to be kicked/banned off not the ones that can handle it.

That's just how I see it.. I guess we'll see how the voting goes and how much will change within the next few months or years.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
/me is pulling a Netflix CEO move.

I'll make an administrative decision and say the poll shouldn't of been added. Rather, it should of been discussed beforehand just like everything else does.

CEO :K,
WaLLy

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Now your gonna pull the poll that should have been "discussed" about???

What the fk is going on here, you know what do what ever the hell you guys wanna do man. You see now why I said awhile back why I was going to stay out of this shit? (the voting I mean), it doesn't matter!!

Wally, you and everyone else should have known that this poll would create the tension that it did, and would be a never ending battle. Once you start trying to take away the rights of free speech it's endless. I'm actually glad to see that the poll was pulled, but the ones that voted in favor to ban it are probably going to be pissed about it now, and we'll need a new thread made to say whether politics are banned or not, cause I would still like to know this as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom