Got my car a free-trial tune by APR (Mk4 Gti)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
OMGWTFBBQ!!!! :eek:

I freaking :luv: my car all over again!! The gains are easily noticeable to someone that uses the car as their daily driver.

Downside to it though... since my car has hit 157k miles now, I noticed a slight pinging when driving aggressively only when taking off on 1st gear. it only happens then. This is one of the reasons why I wont be getting the actual tune ($499).

Time to upgrade to another VW or Audi and mod away!

WaLLy after tune >>> :D :bounce:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
you're probably right but the higher octane isn't cheap here and I have nothing that's remotely local for me. I'd have to drive a good 30 minutes to get some of it...

AVC

Banned
Wow.

Over her you get 3 fuels (plus diesel)

E10 (10% ethanol blend (cheapest)

95 octane "standard"

98 octane (about 10c a litre more than standard)

Pretty much every staion has all 3. Not all have diesel, but most do

Plus LPG (so 5 then)

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
we only have 87, 89 and 91 and most gasoline stations also offer diesel.

If I want race gas, 101 (IIRC), it's insanely expensive now a days. I remember when I used to go to the drag strip it was around 5 bucks for a gallon and it was when our gas prices hovered around 2-2.50/gallon... :eek:

Code

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
Wally, I had my GTI (2002) chipped when I had one and it was wicked. I also had a few other things done to it. I had it on a dyno and put 254hp to the wheels. It made 180hp at 1800 rpm, LOL. Fast little car. I hit 142 mph with that SOB. I miss it sooooooooo much.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
:eek:!!!

What other mods did you have? I'm seriously considering selling this car and getting the next generation after it. It's mind-blowing how much power a tune gives you on these little go-karts!

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
if you want a hardcore golf gti get a mk1

anything after the mk1 is just to heavy with all the rubbish power steering, air con etc unless you fancy a weekend removing it all. the mk1 gti is faster than a stock mk4 gti and handles great. but a stipped and tunned mk4 gti kicks some arse or if not a audi a3, a4 or volkswagen passat or bora all use the 1.8 turbo engine.

Top Bottom