Locked servers....... FFS!

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
What's the point of this thread? Whoever locks the server, please post the damn locked PW in there, FFS! :rage:

And no, I will NOT be reading the damn shoutbox archive just to find the password you guys set... It's stupid. I wanted to join S3 to play, and there's a password... I check the thread, and it isn't posted... m(

and to top it off, the server had 5 people in it... ridiculous...

/endrant

Sodalover

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
But some of our non members regular wont be able to join, and thats quite a few of them. The more people on the server, the more attractive it seems.

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Wasn't me Mr. Wally.. I agree though. There have been a time or maybe two I didn't post one but it was by accident and I posted it as soon as I thought about it! It's not something any of us do very often (i think) but yeah some times it's kinda hard to remember. :unsure:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Not needlessly locking the server would also solve the problem. I think if members want to play 1 v 1 or w/e it should be set a day or so in advance with the p/w posted in advance as well.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
I agree with Pwn, always making the password the same seems like a good idea since it's usually people outside of the forums that mess up 1 v 1s anyways.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
But some of our non members regular wont be able to join, and thats quite a few of them. The more people on the server, the more attractive it seems.

EXACTLY!!! I was just trying to make Pwn understand that. He sees otherwise..

Wasn't me Mr. Wally.. I agree though. There have been a time or maybe two I didn't post one but it was by accident and I posted it as soon as I thought about it! It's not something any of us do very often (i think) but yeah some times it's kinda hard to remember. :unsure:

Don't worry B, it wasn't you. It was just something that was happening frequently and this was the last draw.

Not needlessly locking the server would also solve the problem. I think if members want to play 1 v 1 or w/e it should be set a day or so in advance with the p/w posted in advance as well.

:hi5: Another one that gets it! That was my whole point in the discussion with Pwn earlier.

Basically, if you post a lock password with certain instructions like "2v2, you can join but spectate only.", then I am sure people wont go in there messing up their game.

It just irked me when the locked password was set and I could of gone in there and balanced the game since there were 5 players in it. Earlier today, we had 12 players playing S&D, and it was effin fun!! There were times when it was unbalanced, but nobody seemed to care. It was just, fun.

My whole gripe against locked servers is it blocks people from coming in and getting the server going.

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Thanks for the information WaLLy. If I ever lock the server with a password, I'll make sure to post it for ya. I thought that locked password thread was only for Scrims for some reason. Anyways, shall I post the passwords here because that locked server password thread is closed?

AVC

Banned
Concur with Walter.

I have been playing in the "oooh locked" server and it was just a friendly scrim, so why lock it?

Locking the server is really only for preorganised matches (like our own scrims or ladder matches), otherwise, there's no point. Especially if nobody knows the damn password.

If we want a members only game (SAB night or whatever) then lock it by all means, but post the PW in the thread.

The game is gong to get unbalanced, deal with it. Even teams can still be unbalanced due to skill levels anyway. Obviously worst case is 2v1, but if I'm on the 2 side, I tend to goof off more and be creative.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Can PB also be removed? I'd like to play in S3 but PB changes my windows theme and also kicks me - non MSI related. I wouldn't ask it be taken off for just me, but if no one has a problem with it being removed XD

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
What's the reason we have PB on s3 anyway, the daily KKK visitors (Sargass, PwnSauce, Me, Wally, CityChild) all have s3 passwords and can ban hackers almost faster than the time it takes PB to kick an detected hack. Imo it only keeps people away from the server because they have problems with PB. I have no problems at all but if there's a poll coming i vote Yes to remove it.

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
Yes but a lot of hackers search servers by ones that have PB and don't.

S3 I'd vanishing soon anyways.

Top Bottom