Name:Jartsa
Server:BroadcastFFA|KKK|
Date:12.10-13.10
GUID: I dont know and i dont memory my GUID
Members online:|KKK|TOTAL-ASS, maybe

Kacey

Epic Poodle
Former Krew Member
We cannot unban you with GUID.... as we have no doubt told you several times in English and whatever you and someone360 were speaking you have to find it (I don't remember how, ask someone360).
And Total assault isn't a mod. Probably was someone undercover.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Posted by H-Beta

Name banned with: Jartza
Offense: namechanging
Server: S1
Time - Date: 17:54 CET - Oct 9th

If it was a name changer, then chances are the name changer was using a name other than Jartsa as his original name which could indicate a mistake.

Beta, did you screen shot his guid/IP? If so, we can compare them.

Last edited:

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
Tiny chance it's the wrong person since he was banned at that time + it's the name he got banned with aka the person who got banned if it actually was a wrong ban. This couldn't be the actual hacker here appealing his ban because he can't see the name he got banned with. Only Player Kicked. And him guessing out of 30 players what the name was he got banned with is kinda .... you know. Impossiiiible

HBeta makes screenshots of EVERYTHING happening in cod so i'm deadsure he screenshotted this too. Just wait. I'll get him to here if i see him on shout.

HBeta

Master Sergeant
I did NOT ban him, I banned a namechanger that was stealing Jartza's name at that time, I have a screenshot of /status from the time of the ban.

jartzaVShacker.png

the guy in the yellow box is the namechanger, who was using my name at the time of the screenshot.

I have also send Jartza's guid to WaLLy (yes WaLLy, that PM I've send you :p ) and I have discussed this with someone360. According to 360: Jartza was banned about 3 days ago which was way past my ban of that namechanger.

Since we have his GUID: wally should be able to tell us, when he has been banned isn't it so?

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
I find it hard to believe this isn't taken more seriously.. This is happening alot recently and nobody is doing a damn thing it seems

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Downloading the week's log files. In the meantime, I'll unban him later today.

edit:
Found out who made the ban. The staff member hasn't been in this thread yet. I'll ask him to pop in here.

And Houston, there's a 72-hour window for the Staff Member to give their side of the story if the ban hasn't been posted.

Enlighten me with "this is happening a lot lately" cuz I checked the Appeal Bans section, and the only one that hasn't been even touched is the brennan thread because he hasn't returned with more information. Either way, I'm not exactly sure to what you're getting at.

Last edited:

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
Maybe the 72 hours need to change to 24 or even 12.. There have been a few bad bans the last few weeks wally.. I've already voiced my opinion regarding them

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

BTW why is he being unbanned? Is he guilty or not? Maybe we should wait till the mod finally posts the ban before we unban anyone?

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
It has happened at least 2 or 3 times in the past that I can remember that people have been unbanned because no one can claim the ban.

We should have a mod be able to claim the ban within a day or 2, first of all. Second of all, there shouldn't need to be a mod claiming the ban, the ban should be posted. If the person who is making the appeal doesn't provide enough or the right info, that is a different story.

If there are bans like that happening in the first place that we know about from the appeals section, it may be safe to assume that there are other bans that could be happening illegitimately that do NOT result in an appeal, so we never hear about them.

Who knows?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Not all Staff Members check every thread, every single day so that's why the 72-hour rule applies. The ban should be lifted immediately if enough information is given from the person, GUID, name banned with (to name a few) and if the ban isn't posted on the ban thread. I only say this just in-case it's an accidental ban, the guy can go on his merry way. If and when the Staff Member comes back and says exactly why they banned the person, we can simply add them back on the list. As of late, any ban that gets lifted I like to add their GUID and name for safe keeping.

Either way, yes all bans must get posted on the ban thread but sometimes we do forget, we're human. Just as long as it gets documented somehow (screenshots, written on a piece of paper), and the Staff Member can recollect what happened, then I see no problem if they a few days late posting the ban.

Lastly, I already checked the logs, and I'm just waiting for the person to come in and say his story. Trust me when I say this, reading the logs, it was an accident from a n00b. :K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom