Server behavior and member expectations. Just chat.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
This was going to be in response to someone asking whether they could wear different names with tags on. I realized I had experienced related issues multiple times and had people mistake what my beliefs were. So, basically, I am just wondering what you guys are thinkin' about this.

once you get your tag(s), you have to pick one name that goes with them. If you use a different name, please remove tags. If you change names and leave your tags on, you will most likely be mistaken for an impostor and asked to remove tags immediately (paired with a ban/kick threat). I say most likely because I do not, should not, and have not arbitrated how mods will and can act. I can only speak on what I will do personally (which is also what I think is correct from every standpoint) if I see anyone wearing tags with an unregistered name.

I will immediately and sternly command you to remove or change the tags in 30 seconds. Failure to do so would result in a kick. Upon return to the server (should that happen), if you are still wearing tags, I will give you the same warning, only this time a ban would be the consequence for refusing to comply.

It doesn't matter who you are or what your track record is. The higher your rank in the krew, the bigger your obligation to act maturely and respectfully, imo. If you legitimately change your name and a mod confronts you in the manner I stated above, please politely ask the moderator to go to the forum to discuss the issue. If the moderator is freaking out and acting like a douche (which I can't foresee), even though they shouldn't, then you had better remove tags and THEN politely ask. If you get banned or kicked because you refused to remove your tags or change back to the registered name, then it is your own fault, you are in the wrong, and any complaints about the matter should be (and will be by me) met with ridicule and irritation.

This brings up the general point:

First of all, regular guests on our servers are allowed to be pricks and make sure everyone else knows it (as long as they don't break rules). Recruits and members, in my opinion, have the responsibility to exercise more respect and maturity on the server and site than guests. Staff members have even more of the responsibility.

So, having said this, there are a few things I would like to put forth. The first is about certain behaviors. If a moderator calls you out for something on a populated server, do not get into a huge argument on the server. In fact, as the forum is so easily accessible, go there for any argument with mods. If you are completely unable to do this, yet find yourself consistently arguing with moderators or guests on our server, then maybe you aren't capable of being an adequate member. If a moderator calls you out on something you find ridiculous, take it to the forum immediately or drop it immediately. Pick one. Our moderators should always go to the forum when asked by a member.

Taking the issue to the forum is beneficial to everyone. The issue will be public. The issue will be recorded. The issue will not interfere with our servers. We won't have people wearing tags on our servers bitching at one another making our clan look like a bunch of preteens.

Basically, if there is any issue that is big enough to stop playing and argue about for a while, then take it to the forum.

Next, this issue is important. I have noticed in my time here that krew members and active forum members refuse to take shit from anyone and are more apt to jump to argument when confronted about any administrative issue on the server. Furthermore, I have seen at times that members seem to expect to be treated less harshly than people we don't know at all if they break rules or act inappropriately. This is an immature mindset. Krew members, in my opinion, are held to a higher standard.

If I saw rus161 spawncamping, I would just kick him. If I saw Ethan spawncamping, I would say like "Ethan, you idiot. No spawncamping," and then temp ban immediately. I would get on the forum to meet the kid's screaming. Why? Because with rus161, the only issue is keeping the server free of spawncampers. He's just another player, and as long as the server is clean, who cares what he does? Ethan, on the other hand, is not just another dude. He represents the krew, has promised to follow the rules, has taken what time, respect, and good will all of us have gifted him, and obviously KNOWS the rules and knows exactly what he's doin'.

So, if a mod has to yell at a member ingame, you can bet it will be harsher than normal. If you are a member and you break a rule, any rule, and I see it, I will give you shit, most likely. If you are a member and you break a rule and you get shit, you deserve it. If you talk back, you get more shit. You still deserve it. Even if you obviously haven't broken a rule, please, don't act like a grade schooler and throw a tantrum. Take the issue to the forum. That is all I am saying.

Please act responsibly. Don't take your actions to the edge of our rules. We don't want members who just follow the rules so they don't get in trouble. Please try to act like a considerate person and avoid anything that could be considered bad behavior at all (if you have to ask yourself or someone else whether it's bad behavior.................. then duh). If you can't follow the rules and be completely honest and fair, please remove the tags. It's okay if you hang out, but the tags are only for people we want to give a shit about.

I wanted to say this for future reference for everyone and to get peoples ideas on the matter.

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Nice Post! I know a lot of us (I know I have) have played around with our tags before. We should wear them with pride, and be mature about them. And yeah, we need to always respect the mods, even if they are wrong. Realize that they are humans too, and move on. I know my little post here cannot even measure up to TD's :eek:
PS: Nice example!!! :cool:

H1pFiR3

Sergeant
Nice Post! And I agree with Riku that you probably spent a lot of time writing this and it was really helpful when in need of some clarification on how to behave yourself! Nice. :wink:

Top Bottom