My first experience of COD4

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Back when COD4 was still waiting to be released, the company that i work for announced that there would be an inter company
tournament, with the prize for the winning store being a gaming pc for each member of that team. everybody that entered would get a free copy of the game (very welcome i can tell you) I was asked to organise the team for my store.

I managed to get a team together with the guys from the store and we had a couple of experienced fps players (myself and a manager that i'd played wolfenstein:enemy territory with), all the other guys (4 of them) were noobs. Being not very good at organising this sort of thing, i didn't think about getting some practise in. I just thought we'd do the bext we could.

Anyhow, about 2 weeks before the start of the tournament, disaster struck. The other experienced fragger broke his collar bone running after his dog. We had to go into the tournament with only myself having had any fps experience.

The tournament day came, and we decided to get xfire to chat in game. The game type was s & d on the crash map. no marty,no last stand, no lmg, no snipers. We were massacred. out of 20 rounds, we managed to win 1. That was only because i raged that we were losing so badly and did a 5 kill streak and got all the members of the other team (it was supposed to be 5 v 5, but only 4 of us turned up). I must admit that iff that were to happen now, then we would give a much better showing. It would be difficult to get 5 pc gamers as every body now seems to play fps on xbox or ps3.

Let us know your first experience of COD4

UnTamed

Second Lieutenant
Ok so my birthday present was 2 50 dollars gift card.That time my macbook air was upgraded to snow leopard.and my iMac was not.That time Apple still allowed refunds in the iTunes or mac app store.I spent 50 on apps.Then the mac app store came out and I discovered that you can spend gift cards on it.I brought call of duty 4 on my Macbook air.And at that time it couldn't run it SO I sent apple a email and they refund it! They gave me 50 dollars back in my account.But Call of duty 4 was still purchased.SO I upgraded my iMAc to snow leopard,And got the mac app store...ANd then I try to download it on my iMac and it worked!So basically I got Call of duty 4 for free.And I spent the other 50 on Mac apps and iTunes

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I remember my first time on cod4 being on a Area 51 server with about 50 people on the greenhouse map. I was running it in fullscreen and the highest graphics I could (I have a shit laptop so it was bout 1 FPS. Until I came across one of KKK's servers and I think graham told me how to reduce the lag. I really liked the server, but I didnt prefer hardcore. Now I'm here :D

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Nice story animal. That's cool that you guys organized a team with in your store. My first cod4 experience wasn't the best. I got this game a long time ago but couldn't play it because my computer at the time sucked. When I got a new computer, I found this game in my closet and installed it. I joined a TDM game and I couldn't even move two steps with out getting killed. I think that's the reason why I still hate TDM till this day. I played a lot of other FPS games but their game play wasn't as fast as COD4. After almost giving up on cod4 I picked up a sniper and fell in love. I also found out s&d was my calling. I don't use snipers anymore, but I still like to mess around with them now and then.

Titoezz

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
I downloaded cod4 about 2 years ago when i was totally bored looking at pirate bay for some games for mac. Installed but it wouldnt work, singleplayer never got my intrest so i searched internet for a cracked key code.
I got one but that made me only able to play in cracked servers, which bored me after a while so i deleted the game again. A long time later Take told me about cod4 again so i was like meh i cant play it to the fullest anyway, then he told me some friend of him had a key code laying around and i could use it. So that's how im here now, with a cracked cod and a key code from a friend of Take lol :D

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
thanks for sharing folks!

When cod4 came out, I wasn't that big of a PC gamer. I used to strictly play FPS games on the 360 or PS3. I had (well still do) cod1, 2 & 3 on the 360 but never played MP because I'm a stingy ass and hate paying Live :K

My brother-in-law used to rave about playing cod on the PC. He was confident I would like it. He loaned me cod2 & cod:UO about a month or so before cod4 came out. I didn't really get into cod2 or UO but I did like it. I figured since he basically let me install the games and play them whenever he wasn't, I told him I would buy cod4 and would let him install it on his.

I bought cod4 and I was HOOKED! We were both n00bs at the whole 1 keycode thing, and the first time we tried to play together we got "keycode is in use". I had to tell my brother-in-law to get his own copy lol. I've been playing this game ever since; more so now than ever! :)

Now if only cod4 was a little more realistic like bc2, it'd be perfect! :D

AVC

Banned
I remember buying the game about the time my daughter was born. It was on special and got it for less that half price along with a couple of other games. Bought 'em on the idea that, as I was going to be the stay-at-home dad, I would have plenty of time to play.

So the game just sits on my shelf for months. Finally I get around to installing and WOO HOO! I'm thinking, why I didn't install this earlier.

As normal, I played through the SP so I wouldn't look like a total n00b, and joined a game online. I can't remember the server, but I was thinking "hey how do you get those cool sights, I've only got these shitty iron sights" LOL. So I was a n00b.

Played plenty on Overgrown 24/7 and a server called Cross/Crash. Then came across the KKK site. The rest is history...

Top Bottom