Joe momma's new build! Woot!

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I am getting a new computer in a few days! I sold my other tower (I almost cried) but now I am going to get this one. Here are the specs

GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5 2500k Sandy vagina processor
AMD 6950 video card
8GB Kingston DDR3 ram
750GB WD Black & 160GB WD Raptor (My old hard drives)
620W continuous Antec power supply
RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX-612WB case (Just like my old case but this one is silver and my old one was black with green LEDs)

I ordered everything except the video card because I am waiting to sell an alienware computer I got in a partial trade for my old computer. I sold my old computer for 500 ollars + this alienware system that has a dual core and 4670 video card as well as 3gb of ram. I expect to sell this for about 250-300 dollars.

What do you guys think?

Update: Pictures! http://imageshack.us/g/534/c36020110822145932.jpg/

Last edited:

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
Yeah, I laughed at the sandy vagina bit :giggle:
It's gonna run games well, i'm just worried about your wattage, it may bottle-kneck with that ram and the video card?
I'm no wiz with computers but i'm thinking off what I was told when i bought mine.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Nice set up Joe, curious why you didn't go with an i7 instead?

Oh, and I'm not sure on how your video card cooler will be set up but if it's anything like mine, expect it to be LOUD!, even at 35%. If this is the case you would think about getting an Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo Pro, I got one of these for mine and it's crazy quiet even on 100% fan speed, not to mention it cools way better than the stock cooler ever did! ;)

Pugsport

Second Lieutenant
|K3| Member
what brand is your card blu?

i got 2 Sapphire 6850's and they idle at 48 degress at 0% fan speed so i have no problems with fan speed and noise. but they shall be getting water cooled as soon as i get round to build my new pc. also might be worth trying the sapphire oc software to see if it will fun on your card its called trix and it lets you oc, set fan speeds for different temps etc

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Nice set up Joe, curious why you didn't go with an i7 instead?

Oh, and I'm not sure on how your video card cooler will be set up but if it's anything like mine, expect it to be LOUD!, even at 35%. If this is the case you would think about getting an Arctic Cooling Twin Turbo Pro, I got one of these for mine and it's crazy quiet even on 100% fan speed, not to mention it cools way better than the stock cooler ever did! ;)

Reason I didn't go with i7 2600k was because of the following reasons...

1. I have no need for hyper threading, I don't use more than 4 threads for any of the programs I use
2. 5% performance increase for 100 dollars more? PPFFFTTT

As for the card cooling, I think it will be ok, because the cooler that comes with it is pretty awesome. Ill post pictures soon when I get my parts

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
what brand is your card blu?

i got 2 Sapphire 6850's and they idle at 48 degress at 0% fan speed so i have no problems with fan speed and noise. but they shall be getting water cooled as soon as i get round to build my new pc. also might be worth trying the sapphire oc software to see if it will fun on your card its called trix and it lets you oc, set fan speeds for different temps etc

The card I have is from HIS and the link is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161349. Yeah I guess the brand names are a big difference too since the manufacturers use different coolers, I just know that mine was loud as shit, even at 35% lol.

Reason I didn't go with i7 2600k was because of the following reasons...

1. I have no need for hyper threading, I don't use more than 4 threads for any of the programs I use
2. 5% performance increase for 100 dollars more? PPFFFTTT

As for the card cooling, I think it will be ok, because the cooler that comes with it is pretty awesome. Ill post pictures soon when I get my parts

Yeah two good reasons Joe, and plus what I didn't hear what I expected, that you are waiting for Bulldozer to come out lol, but yeah 5% performance for 100 bucks more = shit!!

Looking forward to the pics man ;)

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
The card I have is from HIS and the link is http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161349. Yeah I guess the brand names are a big difference too since the manufacturers use different coolers, I just know that mine was loud as shit, even at 35% lol.

Yeah two good reasons Joe, and plus what I didn't hear what I expected, that you are waiting for Bulldozer to come out lol, but yeah 5% performance for 100 bucks more = shit!!

Looking forward to the pics man ;)

I waited so long for bulldozer. I got sick of waiting. I honestly don't think bulldozer will be that much faster, if any faster at all than the current sandy bridge lineup. So I just decided to give up and go with my Intel build. I think either way I won't notice the performance difference.

AVC

Banned
You really should keep your vag away from the beach.

Looks good though.

The build, not your vag.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Awww damn it Joe, makes me wanna buy all new shit now!!!

Nice build too, I always get excited with boxes full of new PC parts! Oh, and I also like the TV center in the background too, was that custom built or did you guys buy it like that?

P.S. And ffs hold the camera still next time!! :lmao:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Awww damn it Joe, makes me wanna buy all new shit now!!!

Nice build too, I always get excited with boxes full of new PC parts! Oh, and I also like the TV center in the background too, was that custom built or did you guys buy it like that?

P.S. And ffs hold the camera still next time!! :lmao:

Lol sorry I was rushing a little to get it set up, I was pretty excited :D Yea I was also watching Queen music videos on my ps3 while building it, it was pretty legendary with the surround sound and all. Also for my tower case I ended up buying the exact same model I used for my old build but this one has silver front and blue lights while the other one had black all around and green lights. I love this case so much. RAIDMAX did a good job and snagged themselves a returning customer. One problem I had though is the front blue LED isn't turning on :( but I won't make a big deal about it. I don't want to spend 20 bucks and more time to get a new case etc etc

Ethan

Captain
Former Krew Member
Hope your build works out, even though I don't know shit about computers. I don't even know the info about the crappy desktop I'm on lol.

Top Bottom