Shoulda stayed at home yesterday.

AVC

Banned
So here I am. Riding to work (on the motorbike).
Got to about 3 minutes from work. It's 6am, 9 degrees C. Waiting at the lights

The bike dies. Won't restart. Flat battery. No probs I'm at the top of a hill. Clutch start. No joy.

Ring the NRMA (road service) took about 15 minutes on the phone to reactivate my membership.

Road service van arrives after about 20 minutes. Three jumpstarts later it is evident the bike won't stay running.

Tow truck time! Waited nearly an hour. Took half an hour to load and 5 minutes to get to work. 15 minutes to unload.

Only 2 hours late for work, lol.

$160 later, I have a new battery.

13082011257.jpg

BriAn79

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Oh wow, talk about a sucky ass day man! Like Wally said, any warranty at all?

AVC

Banned
Warranty does not apply to "consumable items" like batteries, brake pads, tyres, and the battery is more than a year old

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Warranty does not apply to "consumable items" like batteries, brake pads, tyres, and the battery is more than a year old

it's a bimmer, should be covered under warranty. Least it is over here. Even so, most batteries come with some kind of 1-2 year manufacturer warranty.

I thought you bought the bike new? :unsure:

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
it's a bimmer, should be covered under warranty. Least it is over here. Even so, most batteries come with some kind of 1-2 year manufacturer warranty.

I thought you bought the bike new? :unsure:

Wally I love your profile picture. Dos Equis much bro?

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
I thought you're bike was like new..
How could the battery be over 1 year?

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
I thought you're bike was like new..
How could the battery be over 1 year?

The bike could need a new alternator. It's the thingy that recharges the battery ever so slightly when you are driving. That's what keeps a battery going for 3+ years instead of 1 hour. Take out an alternator, and you won't get very far.

PaigeBoo

|KKK|s wise lesbian
Former Krew Member
Dang that sucks, I think I would've freaked outlol. Very nice bike though =)

AVC

Banned
Bike's a 2009. The bike is under warranty. Battery's not.
Technically, you can run a vehicle without an functioning alternator until the battery goes flat.
Taking out the battery when the engine is running (or in my case the battery dropping a cell) will generally stop the engine if it's modern one with lots of electronics, because the alternator supplies a really shitty waveform , and the battery smooths it out (like the capacitors in your PSU)

Top Bottom