laptop keeps rebooting after Factory Reset HELP!!!

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
I need some help, I just did a factory reboot/reset and everything went fine untill my laptop keeps on rebooting all the time.

What should I do?

I also might not be on the forums if this doesnt get fixed D:

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
when you start it up, keep pressing the f8 key. when you get a page with white writing on, using the arrow keys go to "disable automatic restart on system failure", this should allow you to read the bluescreen message that normally comes with this issue. write the FULL bluescreen message down and post it here pls. some hardware specs would also be appreciated.

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
when you start it up, keep pressing the f8 key. when you get a page with white writing on, using the arrow keys go to "disable automatic restart on system failure", this should allow you to read the bluescreen message that normally comes with this issue. write the FULL bluescreen message down and post it here pls. some hardware specs would also be appreciated.

Thanks soo much!! It didn't blue screen or anything and it worked like when I first bought it. But other times when I did factory reset it didnt restart constantly.

I'm getting a new PC soon anyway. Probably going to give this laptop to my dad.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Glad i could help mate, even though not quite how i figured

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Honestly all he did was tell him to stop it long enough so that he could see the blue screen message. I am confused as to why that would fix the problem lol

You and me both, i expected him to come back with a bsod message, but obviously something else happened that fixed it, even if it may be just temporary

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
Joe is just butthurt someone else besides himself can actually solve computer issues.

well it is my job. I'm the uk equivalent of a geek squad agent. I may not know everything, but i'd like to think i know more than the average computer user, and i'll happily help anyone who has a problem.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
If you weren't getting a blue screen, does anyone know why it kept rebooting?
I'm pretty curious.

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
it was blue screening, for a millisecond then it would reboot. But when I disabled reboot it didnt show a BSOD or a BSOD message.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
No mercy, did it run a checkdisk after you tried my fix? I've got a hunch that there might have been a minor error on the hdd that a checkdisk might have sorted out. Might i suggest you get 2 programmes, memtest and seatools. google for them, burn them to dvd or cd and run them. leave them on for a minimum of about 3 hours and see if any errors come up. BTW, imo everyone should have copies of these programmes, they're just so useful.

Top Bottom