The Downgrade of the US Credit Rating

AVC

Banned
Annual operating cost of an F18 is about 300 million. Or about $25,000 per HOUR.
Multiply that by the number of combat aircraft. In a Nimitz class carrier the aircraft complement is about 80 to 90. Maybe 50 of those are fighters.

Add to that, the rest of the CBG (Carrier Battle Group). Coz they don't just swan around by themselves. It's a flotilla of about 14 assorted ships and boats (coupla nuke Hunter Killer subs).

That's a pile of money.

And then, muliply that by the number of CBGs

Ker-ching

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
Yeah I agree AVC, we do spend WAY too much money which is why our credit rating has been reduced. S&P also said they are thinking about reducing it again within the next 6 months if things do not change, I guess we'll see what happens...

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
One day those aircraft carriers are going to save our ass. It's nothing more then S&P being pissed off and wielding it's power to try and send a message, IMO.

AVC

Banned
Meh, you got plenty of nuke boomers. That's all you need. Any retard country steps out of line you nuke 'em.
Worked on the Japs, but these days nobody has the nads to do it.

but back to carriers, you can defend your airspace from a ground based airforce. No real need to sail an Air Squadron half way around the world. I think countries (and ours included) need to worry more about protecting their borders and less about what going on in some shit town country. At least when you don't have the money to flush away.

EDIT:
And if the US keeps spending like it is, and don't forget a massive chunk of that spending is on defence, then you won't have an ass to save, coz your economy will collapse like the soviet empire, they couldn't afford to keep up but they kept spending anyway, and then BOOM, implosion.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I agree with AVC on this, I think we should spend more time (and money) on our "own" defense and stop invading all of these other countries, and stop flushing our money down the drain.

Also, spending like this will eventually cause a collapse, although "our" collapse will be different than the Soviet Empire was and that's mainly due to the ability to print money. The Soviet's had a collapse over night or a period of a few days, but ours will be slow and gradual since we can just print more money to stay out of debt and to spend more.

I am totally against the ability that our FED has, to do this and not to mention that it is controlled and owned by private bankers. I think the power of the currency needs to be given back to the states and backed by REAL assets like gold and silver, and to completely abolish the FED, and it seems that many people are finally waking up and agreeing on the same thing ;)

Top Bottom