$500 Gaming PC?

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Hey guys I recently saw an article on how to make a cheap, but great gaming pc.(http://www.maximumpc.com/article/features/build_a_kickass_500_gaming_pc_play_crysis_40fps)

The parts I require are Component:

Part Price
Motherboard MSI P43 Neo3-F LGA 775 $90
CPU Intel Pentium E5200 $71
Videocard Powercolor AX4870 512MB $175
RAM Crucial 2GB DDR2/800 $23
Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar SE WD3200AAJS $50
Optical Drive Samsung SH-S223F $25
Case + Power Supply Rosewill TU-155 II 500 Black $75

Total $509

Would anyone give me a brief about if I was to build this pc and run games like BBC2 and Crysis? and how I can save more money by getting different parts or how I can save money?

Any help greatly appreciated

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
Agreed with Johnny, I know a good article for building a PC is the PC gamers 'PC Builder's Bible 2011' it has alot of great info with what video cards, processors, and everything else you need for PC building. Should be available at your bookstore.

AVC

Banned
Go check out the game's mimnimum and recommended specs.
Sure a 4870 may run the game, but at what FPS and res? Prolly crapola.
Another question, are you gonna be able to build this? Coz I assume that's a parts-only price.
$75 for a case seems pretty steep for an elcheapo machine.
What are you planning to use as an OS?

I could mail you a case I have lying around here. Not sure what it would cost. Check Aust Post.
I should see what other bits I have lying around. Since my last house move, I'm in a major clean-out mode.
Maybe a trade for an autographed photo of your sister, lol.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Go to tomshardware forum and tell them you want to build a 500$ gaming pc. They will most likely put together a few builds for you in your price range or a bit above. It's going to be tough to build even a decent gaming machine with such a small budget.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-31-202.html

This is where i posted to get recommended parts and such when i built mine.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
are you gonna order it online maybe give us a few aussie pc sites you can order from

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
I was going to suggest New-Egg.com great prices and what not but they don't ship to Australia :|

Top Bottom