Do I need to reformat?

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
So, my computer has been acting werid lately.
Got a few virus, i can't even start the security crap.

About 2 days ago, while I was playing, i got the blue screen of death D:
My comp shut down and restarted by itself.
My malwarebytes and security essentials won't work.
Then right now, I just got the blue screen agin, and shut down aggain.

What do i do?

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Backup and reformat might be a good idea to run a few test as well after like memory. What OS are you using?

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Windows vista 32

but right now, i'm on safe mode with networking, got my Microsoft Security Essentials to start and am doing a full scan.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
I kinda wanted to just get my computer back before it crashing and virusing

PwnSauce

Banned
The moment your computer got infected was when it could no longer be trusted with your personal data or even your keystrokes.

Back up your files, run the recovery disks to restore the operating system.
Install a good antivirus suite, scan the files you backed up and move on.

One more reason to use a mac I might add.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Lol @ one more reason to get a MAC. If you use common sense you most likely wont get a virus.

Reformatting is a last resort IMO. Plenty of viruses disable your AV software. Reboot in safe mode with admin privileges or something like that, not exactly sure how it's worded, then run your AV. If you know the specific name of the virus you can find solutions for it. Hijack this is a great tool to get crap out of your registry. I guess if you don't feel comfortable doing this and don't have much on your hard drive to lose you can restore the OS.

No Mercy

Master Sergeant
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
Cent0, create a system repair desk and reboot with it in, while computer is rebooting press F8, F9, F12, 0 numeral key or enter (depending what kind of pc/laptop) It should factory reset your whole computer so make shure you back up photos, documents and game save data :) worked for me when I had a google search hijack

Woops, just realised someone else said this

Last edited:

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Buy a Mac. :giggle: kidding.

Your best bet is to do what Greg said. Since you have Vista, you shouldn't really have to worry about drivers since it comes with a boat load anyway.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
The track record as you call it is skewed IMO. I would say the majority of people who create and distribute viruses target windows. If the Mac OS had come out and been a huge seller etc way back when like Windows, things would probably be a bit different IMO.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
131816URMACISINFECTED.jpg

:lmao:

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Im going to reformatt tomorrow.
backing up some important files :p right now

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
JoeMent! ha ha!

(JoeMent is when Joe talks crap)

You cannot compare for one second the security track record between Mac and Windoze.
At least not if you want to be taken seriously.

Security != malware

In the security department windows vista and 7 have the catagory hands down. Viruses, of course there is more on windows.

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Joe Vista is crap, I would never install it on my pc. Mac has better security then windows thats for sure, you can pretty much put mac and linux in the same category if you think one is good then the other one is as well, basically the same both based of Unix. Everyone knows Unix is most secure and the majority of all servers around the world run of it. Why do you argue with pwn? Networking Security is he job!!!!!!!! If this was my laptop I would get ride of crappy vista and install windows 7 that is a way better OS.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Conclusion is you're a non-techy. Save your stuff and format that bitch.

Since you're going to re-format, just upgrade to Windows 7, besides you can get it for free from your pops right?

Remember, BACK-UP YOUR INFORMATION, e.i. player profiles.

Top Bottom