Mac vs. PC?

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Mandatory Macbook pro packages. LOL. I'm sure Apple had nothing to do with contacting the schools and proposing this. Call me cynical. :giggle:

NickHouston

WaLLy's Personal Favorite Krew Member
|K3| Member
|K3| Media Team
images

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Both companies most definitely compete with each other in that market every year. The pros of mac are (aside what i mentioned before) they are easy to manage on a large scale student body, and also tech support and such are easier.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
One of the reasons why I'm excited that many more workplaces, and schools are beginning to have more Macs.

both my gigs are Mac oriented. BIG McW00t! :giggle:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I wasn't bashing Apple for doing that, it's good business. I was just pointing it out in reference to The Dudes post. We also know that Macs don't need tech support. A mini Steve Jobs comes inside every Mac to help and guide you through the rare occasion a problem does arise. He also pops out and slaps you upside the head every so often if you don't buy 500$ worth of Apple products per month. :giggle:

Last edited:

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Wally you are right about the price of windows, its only cheaper if you buy it from certain websites online. Retail price is 200-400$ in stores for full version. Macbook pros almost all have i7 processors and they range to around the same prices on a pc laptop as well depending on screen size and what not. Apple has been making a big leap in sales and growing. Both apple and PC have great products but in the end it just comes down to user preference. If everyone had the same things or everyone liked the same things then the world we be kinda dull.

MasterCLiP

Resident Brony
Former Krew Member
This actually a help thread rather than a debate thread, thanks guys! Reason I made it was because I'm trying to see which one to recommend to him. After reading everything I decided he'd want a Mac because he likes music more than gaming.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
If you'll be doing serious music, video editing, get a Mac Pro, hands down!

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Yes. MB some people can get by with windows based pc's for music, but macs are much better. Without a doubt. Every pro and teacher I have talked to uses macs.

Top Bottom