Mac vs. PC?

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
I give Mac the win in my book. And before anyone says I'm a fanboy, GTFO. I use Macs and PC's on a daily basis.

I like Mac because of its expensive price tag. :lmao:

on a serious note, I prefer Mac because it's much easier to manage, both server and client wise. And if anyone bitches about how hard a Mac is to use then you haven't spent much time on it. My wife, a VERY non-techie person loves her MacBook cuz it doesn't give her ANY issues. And if she ever needs to do something on Windows, she can use XP via boot camp. Double win!

:D

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Yeah, I never used a Mac so PC for me. I would like a Mac for music production though.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
This thread is stupid because you are comparing a brand(apple) that sells a all in one system which includes hardware and software to a "PC" which is a personal computer.

But for the sake of argument I will participate in this charade. I use both windows 7 and GNU/linux operating systems. I would use OS X also but I am NOT ever in my damn life going to pay for something that is so overpriced. I had a mac in the past and I did not have good experiences with it, but that was a long time ago. Many things change over the years, I can't say windows sucks because I used vista on the first day of launch. Things change, as obviously windows 7 is a fantastic operating system.

So when it comes down to it, I prefer best bang for buck which ends up being a "PC" and not a mac. There is no way in hell I will pay 2.5 grand for a machine worth no more than 1.2 grand. If I got a mac for free or for a reduced price, I'm sure I would not have a problem using it.

---------- Post added at 12:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

This thread is stupid because you are comparing a brand(apple) that sells a all in one system which includes hardware and software to a "PC" which is a personal computer.

But for the sake of argument I will participate in this charade. I use both windows 7 and GNU/linux operating systems. I would use OS X also but I am NOT ever in my damn life going to pay for something that is so overpriced. I had a mac in the past and I did not have good experiences with it, but that was a long time ago. Many things change over the years, I can't say windows sucks because I used vista on the first day of launch. Things change, as obviously windows 7 is a fantastic operating system.

So when it comes down to it, I prefer best bang for buck which ends up being a "PC" and not a mac. There is no way in hell I will pay 2.5 grand for a machine worth no more than 1.2 grand. If I got a mac for free or for a reduced price, I'm sure I would not have a problem using it.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive

Snow Leopard OS = $29.00
Windows 7 = $199.99 to $319.99

Pwned! :giggle:

Don't want to pay for overpriced things? Then don't. But you can LEGALLY, us it's OS, if you have the right PC parts; and if you have a custom build, then you should be able to run it. You're a techy. You should be able to hackintosh. :)

OSX > Windows 7 > Windows XP, IMO.

I have no complaints on paying for Apple products. I get what I pay for and sometimes I'd rather pay the extra for simplicity's sake.

FYI, Macs are PC's as well.

Joe Momma

First Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Snow Leopard OS = $29.00
Windows 7 = $199.99 to $319.99

Pwned! :giggle:

Don't want to pay for overpriced things? Then don't. But you can LEGALLY, us it's OS, if you have the right PC parts; and if you have a custom build, then you should be able to run it. You're a techy. You should be able to hackintosh. :)

OSX > Windows 7 > Windows XP, IMO.

I have no complaints on paying for Apple products. I get what I pay for and sometimes I'd rather pay the extra for simplicity's sake.

FYI, Macs are PC's as well.

If you read the apple terms it says you CANNOT legally use their software on a non apple hardware system. But people do it anyway lol

---------- Post added at 01:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Also windows 7 home is 99 bucks, not 199 lol.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
If you buy the OS, legally they can kiss your butt :giggle:

I only mention the OS' prices because you're talking about stuff being overpriced. By the way, It's $119.99 (for an upgrade). $199.99 is the base price for non-upgrades (Home Premium).

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
So the all mighty MAC osx is like 30 bux and THEY still charge what they do? LOL.

It might be easier to manage, but overpaying by 100s or even a 1000$ for what you get is just ridiculous. I refuse to overpay for slick marketing, convenience and looks. The fact that people pay 2000-2500$ for the top Macbook Pros blows my mind. In actuality it's Mac buyers who are getting pwned, at least their wallets are. People would rather pay 500$ more then take the time to actually learn how to use a PC.

I agree with Joe. I'm sure Mac's are great to use, but as he said, paying 2,500$ for the top Macbook which should by all rights be about a grand is just plain stupid.

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Windows 7 Upgrade is 99 bucks. Windows 7 home, the cheapest full version, is 200 dollars... from microsoft's website.

In the audio business, people use macs. Macs are better equipped to do a real pro job and much easier to do a laymen's job on. There is also some key software that is still mac os only and some that just runs much better on mac. THIS info is from multiple classes and professionals at a college that specializes in this field, as well as a few experiences IN studios. Also, pretty much every college around me in boston was adding manadatory (you could get out of it if you really wanted to) macbook pro packages into their enrollment plans. Schools like NorthEastern, BU, BoCo, Boston College, MIT (i think), NEC, and 1 or 2 smaller tech schools.

Top Bottom