Challenge: #sG. Vs. the Krew

• Thread starter #sG. Kid Soldier| L
  • Start date

PwnSauce

Banned
No strategy?
Dude, you realize that means running around all disorganized and looking like n00bs right?
I'm not doing that either. We did that and got pwnt and embarrassed.
It's actually weird to hear you say strategies are ghey lol. wth man!?!

Anyhow, I say we ID The map and our players.
I'd assume it's TD so we determine loadouts for players.

I'd think we'd want a couple of LMG-ers to overwatch from a good position.
Maybe some snipers to cower in the corner like they're good at doing.
Everybody else run and gun like Wally's good at.

People we don't get on the move the LMG-ers and snipers can pick off for us.
Obviously we're not camping spawns but being mindful of where they will appear would help.

That plus some practice together to get comfortable and we might do well.

Any feedback?
Pwn

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
This scrim is sniper only, according to the list of things the sG guy said he wanted to have enforced ideally. There's almost nothing for snipers to do in HC unless it's a sniper match. You can pretty easily pick ppl off with an ak47 most of the time. At least, i find that I can be much more effective using an ak47 sometimes.

---------- Post added at 09:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I am all for strategy. Learning to play liek a team is what I would push practicing for a lot. I don't like really specific strategies because imo they will end up gravitating towards playing enemy spawns. There are lots of things a team can do to practice simply playing like a team and working together in a variety of situations, though.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
If you read the whole thing, Pwn, he asked for a sniper only. Preferably, but it would be nice for a change.

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
When setting strategy for a war game I might tend to listen to what the Army Major has to say
We understand what people who snipe in real life do, but in cod4 sniping is different because it's just a video game. We are talking about sniping in cod4 not in real life. cod4 is more of an arcade war game.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
Houston, if you were to go to a Snipersonly server, you'll find that everyone quickscopes.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
This is about the challenge the guy made. Let's try to stay on topic from now on. Sorry if I digressed myself.

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
So.... What's the call AVC?
Amusing since you're the Komp Admin, also the clan war admin?

S

#sG. Kid Soldier| L

Lol Having fun arguing?
No seriously though guys add me on xfire so we can discuss this further:
baryl44

Grey_Fox

Sergeant
Former Krew Member
I'm down! I hope it is planned for a time when I can make it...preferably weekends or evenings (PST). Sounds like a blast though...thanks for the message Kid!

AVC

Banned
If they particularly want snipers only, then IMO it should be a long distance battle.

Preferably Crossfire (lots of snipey hiding spots) or maybe Creek or Wetwork with no crossing the middle. That would make it a true Sniper Match, as opposed to run and gun with sniper rifles which is effectively a QS match.

I'm all for it. Do they have a team size in mind? We need their webbie links etc. And their timezones for their players

Cent0

Lieutenant Colonel
|K3| Member
When they ask for snipers, they're asking for bolt action quickscoping.
1 of their server is actually bolt snipers only.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
They tried to pay me $800 to throw the game. I decided not to play. I couldn't do that to you guys.

CiTyCHiLD

Second Lieutenant
Former Krew Member
Too bad they didn't give you the money first then on the day of the scrim you beat them. That would of been awesome lol.

Top Bottom