Laptop suggestions!

RikuX2

Second Lieutenant
Hey guys,
I'm working atm and am saving up for a powerful gaming laptop that would hopefully last me a few years, I was wondering if you guys could help me out with what to buy? My price range is from $0-$2000,
Much obliged,

RikuX2

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
are planing on buying online or in store? I would prob recommend a laptop with an i7 or and i5, the thing you really want to pick out tho is to make sure its got a decent video card if you want to use it for gaming. Dont forget laptops are a little slower then a desktop.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
I'll look around some a little later, just make sure you DO NOT get an Alienware laptop.

Last edited:

felon

I'm back :)
Former Krew Member
See? Told u not to go alienware... :p

Stevo he wants a new laptop so he can use it at his moms and dads houses, not just 1.

PwnSauce

Banned
All you need to know is MacBook Pro i7
It's about $2,000 but it's worth every penny.
Art meets computing : )

http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/

mbpro-i7.png

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
not macbook. Macbook pro. Only get a refurb. I paid 1000 for my macbook pro. It does not have integrated intel graphics chip. No macbook pro i know of uses that.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

of course, if you do not already have a copy of windows, get a pc if you have any plans that include gaming. If you already have windows, installing windows on the macbook pro is easy as shit. Even joe momma could do it. :giggle:

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Actually it does have an integrated Intel chip along with a Radeon card. - 15&17inch models only.

13 inch models - Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384 MB DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory.
2.3GHz model - 1200$
2.7GHz model - 1500$

15" and 17" models - Intel HD Graphics 3000 with 384 MB DDR3 SDRAM shared with main memory AND AMD Radeon HD 6490M with 256 MB GDDR5 memory
2.0GHz version - 1800$
or AMD Radeon HD 6750M with 1 GB GDDR5 memory - 2.2GHz model - 2200$

17 inch comes with the 6750 as well and has a nice little price tag of 2500$.

It says the computer automatically switches between the two depending on what you're doing. The Toshiba still blows the Macbook[size=+3]PRO[/size] out of the water in terms of what you get.

Last edited:

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
The macbook pros i looked at came with Nvidia Geforce 9600m GTs. I am guesing newer models have better GPU's.

You can manually pick which GPU to use if more than one is present.

So go with the toshiba.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
I would get the refurb version of what greg said! it's like half the price! Assuming you have a copy of windows.

Also, if you plan to do anything music/audio related, get a mac.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
He wants a powerful GAMING laptop. Why on earth would you recommend a Macbook PRO? Especially after the specs i posted. Paying 2grand for those is just a blatant ripoff. Having to buy a refurbished version just to get a decent price is laughable. The Toshiba kills the Macbook in terms of what you get for your money.

TheDude

Dudesicle
|K3| Member
Ok. If he is only looking to game, get windows. If he has school/audio work in mind, go with macbook pro.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Yes Take, brilliant. Recommend a 2000$ Macbook for gaming when their are much lower priced alternatives that can do the job twice as well. Good advice.

I think a Windows laptop can do a little bit more then "only game".

If you want to overpay by about a grand because of slick marketing, get a Macbook PRO. If you actually want to get what you pay for, get anything but.

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
What Greg said,

No I'm only messing with you, if you want to buy a gaming laptop, don't buy a Mac.

Top Bottom