Grrr

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
I've had a virus on my machine (thanks to my eldest son and his fixation with large breasts), I've got rid of it with the aid of an avg live rescue cd. So if anyone has missed me (which i doubt but you never know), I'm back and ready to frag. It's a bummer to start from the beginning again (the virus wiped out my COD profiles), but it's not the end of the world, so watch for me i'll be coming up behind ya soon

Take

Flying Dutchman
|K3| Member
Good your PC is running again!

So, did the shipment fail or something because I didn't got the package yet.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
1 word - malwarebytes.

It's a free program, and finds pretty much any and every infection your PC has.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
I already use malwarebytes wally. I'm a computer tech by trade, so i use that for removal and security essentials for protection. However the particular virus, another of the fake antiviruses stopped all exe files from running, even hijack this and rkill didn't get rid. it sure was a tough one to get rid of

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
That must of been some nasty pr0n virus :giggle:

I do recall that happening to 2 of the teacher's laptops I cleaned. It was a PITA but IIRC I had to use cmd line to even get rid of the virus that wasn't letting malwarebytes run. I have the link at work if you ever need it.

517Houston

|KKK| Gaming Legend
|K3| Member
boobies-1.jpg

PwnSauce

Banned
Once a computer is infected it should never be trusted again.

You'd have to backup your files, reinstall windows then scan the files you backed up and then maybe.

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
The pc has been scanned with malwarebytes, microsoft security essentials, trendmicro's housecall and spyware doctor. All came up clean. That's good enough for me.

AVC

Banned
Once a computer is infected it should never be trusted again.

You'd have to backup your files, reinstall windows then scan the files you backed up and then maybe.

NO! Take out the hard drive, smash it with a hammer. Reinstall all your programs from disc onto a completely new drive.
AND flash the bios.
And nuke the entire site from orbit. it's the only way to be sure...

stevo

eh
Former Krew Member
Hahah good idea AVC, im with pwn everytime I get a virus I reinstall windows lol I have 2 hard drives anyways so its easy for me to back up and windows 7 installs in less then 30 min. Ive wiped out virus's in the past and sometimes they come back or theres still parts that are undetected Oh yea and welcome back animal haha

animal66

Second Lieutenant
Member of the Year
|K3|Super-Moderator
So, did the shipment fail or something because I didn't got the package yet.

Apparently UPS aren't allowed to ship live humans because of people trafficking, bit of a bummer, but there ya go.

Top Bottom