my computer=poop

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
Yeah that's what I'm thinking. The bitch of it is is that the asus repair factory is like 8 miles from my house but I have to FedEx it and it will prolly take weeks to get back. I may just pay the local tech shop to do it. But I looked at the new asus laptop at bestbuy tonight. 6 gigs of ddr3 ram with 1 gig dedicated to the new nvidia graphics card. Can't reme.ber the model. 500gb hd for 999. My buddy at best buy said he could get it for 9 so I may have a new comp tomorrow if the prognosis for my current one is bad.

***all my posts are via my blackberry so please ignore grammar/spelling/not make sense errors.

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Hey Mcfoe bummer about your computer, sucks you gotta throw down another grand b/c of a power pack. Hope you get it all sorted out soon.

WaLLy

Lieutenant General
|K3| Executive
Ouch! Sorry to hear man. How long have you had it for already? (sorry if it was mentioned, too lazy to read the whole thread lol)

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
Less than a year. Warantee should cover but I always have a back up plan

Post Merge: [time]1264304201[/time]

I dropped that pos off with the geek squad today. 150 bucks for a data retrieval but that includes a wd external hd 320gig. Should be sending off to asus next week hopefully back on before February. I almost whipped out the plastic for the new 17inch macbook pro. But I don't want to be one of those apple yuppies. Anyone know of any good sites to by pc components. I'm gonna start buliding now. I'm moving out and wherever I go I will be getting internet at my crib. But in the meantime please keep my current laptop in your prayers and thoughts as it goes into many surgeries over the next few weeks.

BluBirD78

Master of BluballZ
|K3| Member
I agree with Wally, Newegg or Tigerdirect. The main reason I like Newegg better is because it seems their prices are almost always lower, they have a huge selection of PC parts and their customer service is very good. I've never returned anything to Tigerdirect but I have with Newegg, and had no problems what so ever. One other place I can think of also is ZipZoomfly, they also have many good reviews :D

http://www.newegg.com/
http://www.tigerdirect.com/
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp

DamageINC

K3's Useless Admin
|K3| Executive
Just gonna say i also highly recommend Newegg. I bought all my PC parts there for my build, and everything came fast with free shipping and all parts have worked great so far. They also have daily specials, numerous deals and best of all combo deals. Those will save you a good amount of cash. Happy hunting. Also a good place for advice if you need any is tomshardware forum. I got a lot of good advice for my build there.

McFoe

Staff Sergeant
|K3| Legend
ok best buy geek squad has an arrangement with asus and they were going to ship it off to their repair facility. But instead they just Junked it out right then and there and they gave me a thousand bucks store credit and I got a new in box asus g72 laptop. That's how you beat the system my friends. Ill be online in about two hours.m

Top Bottom